• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"the dark side is strong..."

scottbilt95

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
golden, colorado
scottbiltracing.us
1st ride ever and it was pretty cool:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/n6KcCYEjvfE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

was nervous riding the first 50 yards across the parking lot and 1/2 mile down the trail but picked it up surprisingly fast. got a chance to ride 4 rigs in about 24" of fresh. i think they were all 2014 bikes but not sure:

yz450 sx137 (ran well but rear felt a little squirrely)
wr450 ST (good overall feel)
wr450 LT (felt the best to me; inspired confidence)
KTM 300 sx121 (obviously felt light but you had to be on the pipe as expected. lost a driveshaft? bearing in this one towards the end of the day).

much thanks to toby till from timbersled for setting this up. it was a great opportunity to try all the models on different bikes. no better way to make an informed decision. will i sell my sled? no. the adrenaline rush i get from mashing the flipper on a turbo sled is hard to match. will i get a snowbike? yes. at least a kit for now and see where it goes from there. i gotta admit, the "at home" feeling i felt riding these after about 3 hours took me probably 5 or more years on a sled. it was seriously cool. i always had a feeling it would (lots of moto background) and maybe that's why i stayed off them for so long? lots of fun to be had for sure.

fyi the only downfall for the first hour was figuring out how to stop and not fall over; especially with short legs.....

jeff

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
if your an avid sledder and a big moto rider, its insane, like 1 good day on a snowbike and you can go into anything with confidence. give it a few rides and you feel somewhat unstopable.

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
I recently got to try out a friends YZ450f LT (thanks again Chris) for a little bit out on a ride and I figured it would be weird to get used to but was shocked at how quickly and easily it became very comfortable. I have a moderate MX background when I was younger but haven't ridden in 7+ years and I felt pretty comfortable within 5-10 minutes and was getting more confident with it every minute.

It was a blast to ride and I'm definitely planning to get one within a couple years, I could see myself riding the bike as much as the sleds possibly, which I'm not sure that I like :face-icon-small-dis

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Good to see you'll be joining the fold Jeff, stoked that we're going to have a bunch of locals to ride with next year. Sharlow & I both have kits lined up already as well.

Next year should be fun... now that we all have new toys I'm sure it won't snow til friggin MAY next year :D

Premium Features