• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New to the viper

B
Aug 10, 2017
Western MT
I pulled the trigger on a 2015 Viper mtx with the 162 track a few weeks ago, mostly stock besides the MPI 190 kit. So far I have ordered Iceage Promotion, a 162 3.2" track and the stiffer spring for the skid. I'm really gonna focus on cutting weight off it before I feed it more power.. So next on the list is lightweight hood/headlight delete. I've been eyeing the skinz and fire n ice setups pretty hard. Which has better fitment? Does the skinz hood use a gauge stand ? I would ideally like to keep the gauge off the handle bars since it already has a boost gauge and will soon have an afr gauge mounted to the bars.Thanks fellas

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
Headlight delete can save some weight, and it's high in the chassis which helps. I've seen Skinz in person, and it doesn't look terrible, but I can't verify how the gauge mounts. I ran the Mountain fit, and liked it, but would honestly leave the headlight on for the hassle it was to mount. Battery and Skinz Freeride seat are another couple easy spots to drop some weight. From there, BDX has a new lighter weight rotor that will help significantly on rotating mass, I'm also considering the aluminum drive shaft out of the Mountain Cat to drop even more rotating mass on my SW.

Considering you did the Promotion, I would suggest looking into doing a 36" front end. In my opinion, its one of the better upgrades to do to these sleds before worrying about dropping weight off of them.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
I'm not sure of your height, but I installed a XTX style steering post on mine and a 3.5 inch riser and I love it over the stock tripod set up. That's something you are going to need to try first I guess.

Its been beaten to death, but grippers are great skis on this chassis.

Might want to get some reversible scratchers too depending on where you ride. these sleds go through sliders on trail like you wouldn't believe.

BMFab makes a beautiful set of running boards which are more narrow than stock. You can then drill out the rivets on your bottom plastic and re-rivet your plastic in tighter.

Just some other things to consider. :face-icon-small-hap

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
I pretty much agree with what the guys posted above.
Since your sled is a 2015, the best bang for the buck improvement in ride-ability would be the front end. Either the 2016 and newer Cat 36" mountain front end or one of the aftermarket offerings will work well and make the sled WAY easier to side hill! (which in turn will make the sled feel lighter)

B
Aug 10, 2017
Western MT
Thanks for the input, I'll definitely be looking into the barcode kit! Coming off a Ptek Skidoo I'm definitely way behind the curve with the new Yami's. The flood gates of newbie questions are about to bust open.. haha

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
A few guys I've been talking to said the roll over kit wasn't necessary. They said for the little bit of oil they lose they just wipe it off and fill up when they get back home. I've rolled mine a few times.. It causes a little mess, but nothing too alarming. Apparently if you get a low oil pressure alarm when you start you can just lean the sled a little more to the left side I believe.. might be right side, can't remember... anyways, the alarm will go away. I usually just let it sit for a few minutes before I start it up.

Hard to knock the roll over kit though. very little to no mess, and push a button to prime the oil pump.. very convenient for sure. I'm just going to hold off as I'm not sure I want to keep my sled.

B
Aug 10, 2017
Western MT
Thanks for all the input fellas, I have a mountain of parts to put on the sled. Track, racewerx bumper, fire n ice carbon hood, center skid shock spring. So I've got my work cut out for me. I did end up buying a 36" front end kit from BDX, along with Zbroz 36" high clearance lower A arms. Directions are terrible, they do have a somewhat helpful video online of it though. Dropping the sled off next week to get the MCXPRESS 270 horse kit installed , can't wait to see how the 36" front end and new turbo act together ! I probably better re activate my gym membership and start working on some more forearm strength ..
Bigsky

Premium Features