• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEED help!!! Can't figure out my had warmer issues!!

K
Jan 16, 2017
My hand warmers are giving me trouble. I just bought a 2008 m1000 and the hand warmers only seem to work on low. I don't think that the thumb warmer works at all but not positive. The switch lights up no matter what position it is in. Any ideas on what is wrong or how to fix it?

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Start with the basics...
If you don't have a multimeter now is your time to buy one.
Check the incoming voltage to the warmer switches, Arctic cat uses AC(alternating current) and should check out to be around 13-14 volts, then check to see that the switchs is making and breaking, you will do this by checking for continuity as you cycle the switch. Next will be to check the resistance of the warmer elements, the correct spec is something you will have to look up, maybe call your local deal and see if they have a tech manual available

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
Your thumb warmer may never work. This is a Cat issue that has plagued them for awhile. Pull the foam off of the thumb and check to see if the heating pad has pulled loose of if there are broken wires. If not then your can spend the $$ or just live with it.

Next, scrap the old grip warmers and get new ones. I think SLP has a set that plug into the original harness for about $45. They get much warmer than the originals. While your at it get new grips.

I have a thumb warmer that never worked and grip warmers that sometimes would come on and other times only one. Now that they have been replaced no issues other than the thumb which I am not willing to spend the $$$ to fix.

Premium Features