• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Western Washington m1 mod mechanic suggestions

Hankit

Lifetime Membership
Apr 19, 2017
Hey fellas!
I'm busy working up in Alaska all summer...gotta make money to ride all winter! Anyways, having troubles finding a good mod mechanic that comes recommended in the greater Seattle area, prefer north end. I'm an arlington/marysville guy...
Thinking of throwing $2500 into my 09...really wake her up and do stand ups all the way up the damn mountains!! Let me know what you think, and thanks!
Cheers!

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Hey fellas!
I'm busy working up in Alaska all summer...gotta make money to ride all winter! Anyways, having troubles finding a good mod mechanic that comes recommended in the greater Seattle area, prefer north end. I'm an arlington/marysville guy...
Thinking of throwing $2500 into my 09...really wake her up and do stand ups all the way up the damn mountains!! Let me know what you think, and thanks!
Cheers!

This section is for the older 1M series sleds, from '03-'06ish. I'll move your thread to the M-series so the right people see it.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
I had controller, rkt head, y pipe, jaws can, slp intake and rkt secondary mod. Ripped. Best sled I was around had jaws twins, rkt porting, intake with clutch work...but tuning became a challenge. Best performer fay to day was rkt head, slp full y-pipe/pipe/can with slp intake and controller. Be aware that modding may require some race gas mix at low elevation because these sleds like to detonate. And remember that for this sled, it loves to be fed lots of gas on the top end...the more the better. So get it super rich and back off a hair. I also geared down diamond drive a few clicks. Great motor. If you port it, it is an animal but I have seen multiple instances of finicky tuning if you do. For me, Id do the slp pipe set, rkt head, slp intake, controller and get a 2.6 powerclaw. Track will be a huge equalizer.

sleddude

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima WA
I had controller, rkt head, y pipe, jaws can, slp intake and rkt secondary mod. Ripped. Best sled I was around had jaws twins, rkt porting, intake with clutch work...but tuning became a challenge. Best performer fay to day was rkt head, slp full y-pipe/pipe/can with slp intake and controller. Be aware that modding may require some race gas mix at low elevation because these sleds like to detonate. And remember that for this sled, it loves to be fed lots of gas on the top end...the more the better. So get it super rich and back off a hair. I also geared down diamond drive a few clicks. Great motor. If you port it, it is an animal but I have seen multiple instances of finicky tuning if you do. For me, Id do the slp pipe set, rkt head, slp intake, controller and get a 2.6 powerclaw. Track will be a huge equalizer.

That’s what I’m running but I didn’t do the head. SLP pipe kit and PC V I did add some MDS weights. The track I put on is the 85 duro 2.6 powerclaw. Runs strong and no messing with anything.:face-icon-small-coo

Last edited:

blackjack85335

Lifetime Membership
Jan 2, 2008
Try rkt head.

I ran similiar set up with slp intake and controller and rkt head and it was an animal. I wanted to try porting but bought M1100 with 215 Evo tune instead. My M8 was fun and light but the M1100 has raw power to keep going up. Anyways I recommend trying the head and adding lots of fuel on top end. I had egt gauges to monitor my temps and after adding a lot of fuel they cooled down and it was a riot to ride.

Premium Features