• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.
G
Dec 23, 2013
Puyallup, WA
I have a 2001 Summit 800 Highmark with a 151 track. The machine has about 3100 miles on it but the clutch is toast, it rattles real bad and sounds like it's coming apart. I am considering replacing it with a Comet Pro 4 clutch, does anyone have any experience with this clutch? I have a Comet 108 on my Artic Cat and it works great. If not the Comet clutch, then could I use a clutch off of a 2005-07 Rev chassis? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

G
Dec 23, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Since I couldn't get any good feedback on the comet clutch or on swapping to a TRA III clutch, I have decided to go ahead and rebuild my stock TRA clutch with OEM BRP parts. Hopefully when I get done, it will work better. I will post a final report after I finish it.

G
Dec 23, 2013
Puyallup, WA
So I replaced the rollers, roller washers, bushings for the arms, o-rings and slider shoes. The clutch is nice and smooth and quiet and acts like a brand new clutch again. Pretty easy job. I spent $228 on parts from my local bend-me-over brp dealer. Next time I would just but the spi kit because it can be had for $80 or less and there is nothing special about the parts. Live and learn.

ZX Guy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2016
Wasn't there a guy on here called dynamo joe ? Who had clutch kits.

Premium Features