• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 Ski-Doo Rev 800 Adrenaline Hard Steering

M
Jan 24, 2016
NW Montana
How to Fix Hard Steering on a Ski-Doo Rev

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Thanks to Eddy for helping me dial this in.

I'll just tell you what to do so you don't have to read everything below.

If your steering is hard on a Ski-Doo Rev model try the following to make it much easier. Mine was pretty hard to turn and once I did this it steered like a dream!

Set front springs full soft. So on my 2006 Rev is was position #1.

Set Center shock full stiff. Position #5

Set rear spring full soft or whatever # for your weight. Mine was #2 because I am 200lbs.

Let limiter strap out all the way.

If you do not have easy steering something else is very wrong.

We have found some skiis, like C and A with a large flat runner, steer very hard on this machine. Rocker is your friend here.

Original Post:

How the hell do you make the steering easier on this thing? I've played around with the shocks, both front and rear and it still seems like a beast to turn at times. In the soft powder it's easy but trails and when going slow it is pretty tough. Any thoughts or ideas?

I notice my buddies 07 steers easier as well as some other sleds I have ridden otherwise I probably wouldn't really notice except my arms sure get a nice workout which I'm not complaining about ;-)

Skis seem to be fairly centered, maybe a little toed out.

Also the limit strap is just barely tight when on the ground. I can push on it and move it which is how it is supposed to be from my understanding.

Thanks for any insights!

Last edited:

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
Turn?

You may need to install skis that have a very pronounced "rocker" to the keel so the leverage ratio on hard pack is maximized for light feel. You have the rear spring set up soft as it goes?

M
Jan 24, 2016
NW Montana
You may need to install skis that have a very pronounced "rocker" to the keel so the leverage ratio on hard pack is maximized for light feel. You have the rear spring set up soft as it goes?

Thanks for the help.

Gotcha. It's hard to steer it all the time really. I just definitely notice it on the trail. But even in powdery snow if I am not going fast it is pretty hard to turn.

I didn't set it up as soft as it would go but one click from being soft. I had the rear spring and the front spring both set up soft.

Should I try the rear spring soft and the front springs harder which might make it turn easier overall?

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
Steering

Set front springs full soft. Set Center shock full stiff. Set rear spring full soft. Let limiter strap out all the way. If you do not have easy steering something else is very wrong.

We have found some skiis, like C and A with a large flat runner, steer very hard on this machine. Rocker is your friend here.

M
Jan 24, 2016
NW Montana
Set front springs full soft. Set Center shock full stiff. Set rear spring full soft. Let limiter strap out all the way. If you do not have easy steering something else is very wrong.

Just to make sure I'm tracking here

Let front springs all the way out, so in position 1?

Center one on position 5, full stiff

And the rear spring has 4 positions, which one? I forgot to mess with the rear spring!

From how I understand it on the shocks according to the manual the stiffer you make the shocks (i.e.) higher number on adjustments the easier it is to turn?

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
Spring adjustment

for what you are trying to do make everything full soft except the center spring in the skid. Adjust from there.
Ski doo sets up the machine stock for a 165 lb rider.

M
Jan 24, 2016
NW Montana
Guys thanks so much for your help! It was like a new machine today. Went and rode in a foot and a half of pow today and it turned like a dream. I was sidehilling like a beast.

I put the back shock all the way firm.

Spring on #2 as I am 200lbs

And the front shocks all the way out.

I'll probably dial it down a little as it is almost too easy to turn now but wow it made such a huge difference.

I searched all over Youtube, forums etc and could not find a good guide on dialing these things in.

The confusing part on the Clutch diagram that explains how to dial them in is that it says the higher the number the easier it should be to turn so I kept dialing in the front one and the back one to try and get it to turn better and just could not find the happy medium but your tips did the trick.

Thanks again so much for ya'lls help!

Enjoy the weekend and hopefully you can get some sledding in.

Premium Features