• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mike n crew start usa tour with 7 explorer snowbikes

Dec 4, 2007
pa
yes all went well,,,, sold many kits rode plenty of snow,,,, going up to tug hill this weekend,,, wanna go?

the 2 hawks i have are in great shape,,, but people been calling on them,,, hot items these days,,, in fact i think the one is alread gone,,,, maybe time to step up to a 600,,, i have one for 4500

mike

X
Sep 15, 2008
i wish i knew this!!! i woulda post poned going back to school and went with u! i start class tomorrow at 8:30. meh..... i always wanted to travel the country and ride everywhere i stopped. LOL

Dec 4, 2007
pa
the latest updates ..... i been scooting around pa and ny,,, if anyone would like to set up a dealer demo in the north east please contact me,,, or if your close enough to pa,,, feel free to come ride with me for free,,, we have enough snow here in my hometown to ride,,, around 18 inches

thanks
mike

T
Oct 15, 2008
Just in case anyone reads this old thread I though I would share a little of my experience with Mike Comisac...

You can see the details here but long story short, Mike offered to pay for the block I had machined to repair a design flaw (read the full story on that here), a total of $105. It's been over three months now and even with numerous email and phone reminders, I STILL have not gotten any sort of reimbursement.

J
I took the plunge and bought the explorer kit for my 650R and I must say I'm not too pleased. You can't seem to ride it for more than half an hour before it breaks and you have to limp it home and order parts. This system costs just over 3k, 2moto costs 6k. It sounds like a more durable smoother riding kit, but if you want to spend that much, get a snow hawk. At least they're designed specifically enough to hold together doing what they do. The dream of having an affordable quality conversion for the dirtbike seems to be something to look foreward to down the road when exploding interest in 1 skis causes the big names to start producing them. My 2 cents.

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
Maintenance

everything requires a bit of love or it will break....keep checking all the bolts and make sure they are tight....ive seen the explorers run all day and and beat to heck and keep on going.no issues cept a few loose bolts,im sure if we left em loose something would have broke

J
Ha! Spoken like Boivin himself. Sorry, can't pin this one on me. Assembly perfect, and failures all occurred in the first 2 rides. The manual says check after 10 riding hours, so far I'm at an hour and a half. Yes I used locktite, and yes I used a quality calibrated torque wrench. After further research though, I'm starting to believe that it might be more specific to my bike model and how it interacts with the universal kit. I plan to beef it up where it needs it and keep going. They've got it 90% built, I just have to do the rest.

D

Dobber1

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Ha! Spoken like Boivin himself. Sorry, can't pin this one on me. Assembly perfect, and failures all occurred in the first 2 rides. The manual says check after 10 riding hours, so far I'm at an hour and a half. Yes I used locktite, and yes I used a quality calibrated torque wrench. After further research though, I'm starting to believe that it might be more specific to my bike model and how it interacts with the universal kit. I plan to beef it up where it needs it and keep going. They've got it 90% built, I just have to do the rest.

JB-
Agreed...variables such as: peg height, fork rake, wheel base, swing arm length, suspension travel, & other geometry have got to have some affect on how well the kit works with each bike.

Premium Features