• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2Moto and Explorer ride tomorrow

M
Jan 22, 2008
500hawksonly

So you don't hurt off road riders 2 moto ego maybe everyone will be nice and just bring 500cc hawk and unplug one spark plug. Then it should be fair. Actually if this 2 moto rips over everything so much then why can't hawks race in this first annual snowbike race. The insurance excuse was a crack of horse shart.

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
So you don't hurt off road riders 2 moto ego.

But where's the fun in that? Don't worry my hawk will have a handicap, It's not used to running at that elevation so it may take me a day or so to get her running right. I really am looking forward to seeing a 2moto bike in person so I can finally put to rest in my mind what I allready know ( The Hawk Kicks A$$ )

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
So you don't hurt off road riders 2 moto ego maybe everyone will be nice and just bring 500cc hawk and unplug one spark plug. Then it should be fair. Actually if this 2 moto rips over everything so much then why can't hawks race in this first annual snowbike race. The insurance excuse was a crack of horse shart.

Hurt my ego?? come on Calien.. I dont have much of one.. Maybe you should take another look at my post.. I never said the 2moto was going to smoke a hawk...Mayby you missed the part about wanting a hawk myself.. I think a bike kit will take you guys in the tight trees and possibly on tight trails as well. Certainly not in more open spaces..
Its all about the riding anyways, if you want to turn it into something else, Thats cool...
We are not comparing the hawk to the bike kits here.
Hopefully Brett can get a hawk class together for the race.. Its funny I have not heard a single person say they will show up and race an Explorer against the 2 motos on the 7th?? Maybe Mike can fly you there as well.. You have the talent..
Do you have the machine??? Please prove me wrong..

Last edited:

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Im done.. you can never win an internet argument. Only a fool would try.
I do feel bad about some of my comments, And I certainly have lost some potential biz over it..I do think everyone should try both kits..
The way the explorer slides around looks like fun. And for some I can see how it would be there favorite. But not for me. It would have been much smarter to keep my opinion to myself. I have no pony in this race.
The single ski sport will evolve and continue to give us great products to enjoy.
Have fun riding your ski....whatever it might be

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
best thing said yet

I do feel bad about some of my comments, And I certainly have lost some potential biz over it..I do think everyone should try both kits..
The way the explorer slides around looks like fun. And for some I can see how it would be there favorite. But not for me. It would have been much smarter to keep my opinion to myself. I have no pony in this race.
The single ski sport will evolve and continue to give us great products to enjoy.

No need to kill the best forum on snowest with 2 ski type of bashing that has started since the one ski's met! just remember only one ski is really needed...............

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska

Dude no hard feelings here, I was just playin with ya. Ride what you love its all good. I just know what I can do it the tight stuff and look forward to a friendly ride through the forest with my fellow oneskier's.

Dec 4, 2007
pa
it's a good thing we already know dodge is better then chevy, what would we do? Guess I'll go home and invent a 3 ski , so we can keep up the fun!

B
Nov 28, 2007
I missed the show . No offense guys ,,, but basically the only ones arguing are the ones that have money on the line . Being a outsider here , its rather funny . BUt I have to admit , I ride a Hawk cause I like steeeeep and deeep.

X
Sep 15, 2008
in my opinion. i would get a hawk to ride with snowmobilers, and to fix my sportbike addiction. it seems like an 800 hawk would feel more like my 600 sportbike. But i'd get a snow bike kit to cure my dirt biking addiction, and to ride with other kit bikes or (god forbid) atvs.

as for the explorer vs. 2moto. it seems like the explorer would be better for the east coast (like quebec where it was designed) because we don't get as much snow, and when we do get good snow, it only lasts for a few days and then turns to mud. so you need something that is almost 4 seasons. where as the 2moto might be better out west in the light fluffy stuff.

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
as for the explorer vs. 2moto. it seems like the explorer would be better for the east coast (like quebec where it was designed) because we don't get as much snow, and when we do get good snow, it only lasts for a few days and then turns to mud. so you need something that is almost 4 seasons. where as the 2moto might be better out west in the light fluffy stuff.

I haven't tried any of these 2 kits but that statement above kind of make sense to me.

I've seen an explorer kit at a local dealer here and the first thing I noticed was the lugs and how damn short they are... (of course I have the Challenger Exterme as my main reference pointso I'm a bit biased here...) And correct me if i'm wrong but with the design of the kit (Cog wheel spinning reverse on the track) there is no way they could put decent shovelling 2-3/8" lugs on that, right ? Or maybe they can design the lugs at an angle so they fit in their respective space between the teeth of the wheel or just put higher lugs on the outer edges of the track... The other question of course is will these bikes be able to power these tracks... Did anyone put it on a tricked out 500 2-stroke ?

As you said x2468, in Qc, they sure as hell don't get that much snow. The explorer kit will handle any day back east. I don't know about the western mountain.

One thing's sure is the Hawk will stay in a class of its own.

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
i know the lug height isnt that much on the explorer...but look back at mikes video when he was here in new york. that was some deep snow and the explorers had no trouble going through it, it may not have been as light and fluffy as the west but it sure was deep!!! im against either kit as long as they just keep one ski up front!!! maybe next year ill have one or the other.. i was thinking i could carry my front wheel in a backpack just incase the snow gets really thin here in buffalo.haha

I've got an explorer kit on a KTM 450 SX-F I will sell for $2200
I'll sell it with my 07 KTM 450 SX-F for $6000. Its located in Utah.

I've got the boosted sled bug and this thing just doesnt get ridden (its got 25 miles on it!)

wow $6k that seems like a great deal! i cant belive no one bought it yet! wasent Mike gonna buy it from ya?

And as for you Off Road Rider! i still love ya buddy! and dont worry, the secrets out!

M
Jan 22, 2008
Its all good

HOpe to get my Kx 500 going for your race in Idaho. Didn't mean anything personal by the 2 moto ego crap, just got a little excited about all this hype, it is a good thing you guys are all writing what you beleive, that is the point of the forum, positive or negative it can all be important to the viewers. I don't think anyone is getting butt hurt about who has a better kit. You guys are all rad riders and all the one ski machines rock, the world of one skiis is on the verge of major eruption. I love both the explorer and 2moto. Last year we put out a short but sweet 2moto video at mccbrothers.com under videos titled Baker 4/08 2moto. Keep up the good threads.

X
Sep 15, 2008
HOpe to get my Kx 500 going for your race in Idaho. Didn't mean anything personal by the 2 moto ego crap, just got a little excited about all this hype, it is a good thing you guys are all writing what you beleive, that is the point of the forum, positive or negative it can all be important to the viewers. I don't think anyone is getting butt hurt about who has a better kit. You guys are all rad riders and all the one ski machines rock, the world of one skiis is on the verge of major eruption. I love both the explorer and 2moto. Last year we put out a short but sweet 2moto video at mccbrothers.com under videos titled Baker 4/08 2moto. Keep up the good threads.

a kx500 will friggen rip! that'll be awesome.

X
Sep 15, 2008
As you said x2468, in Qc, they sure as hell don't get that much snow. The explorer kit will handle any day back east. I don't know about the western mountain.

well, i didn't mean to make it sound like that. out here in vermont/quebec (i've lived in both) we get our share of snow. that's sure. sometimes it'll dump and we'll have a good 3-4 feet. but then we'll get like a warm week or a warm day (seems to happen more oftenthese days) and then it will all harden into hard snow or ice. or melt away completely. i've never been out west, so i can't compare. but i've seen some sledneck videos and some warren miller videos, and we def don't get like 6 feet of fluffy stuff like i've seen in those videos. but you can't saw we sure as hell don't get that much snow!!

Premium Features