• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Evolution Bullet Exhaust review?

kinger9

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2009
www.piergenius.com
How many have it? I like the sound in the 1 video of it. Too loud for trail (not by rules just your ear?). Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

SIDEWINDER-BULLET.jpg

Last edited:

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Good stuff as per usual.

Fits great, welds are a work of art. Loud for the trail. I did mine in conjunction with a flash, I don't believe they recommend running it without a tune.

kinger9

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2009
www.piergenius.com
Thanks for the info! When you say loud, would you say annoying to? Sometimes loud is ok if it sounds good. Sometimes it gets annoying as heck!

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Thanks for the info! When you say loud, would you say annoying to? Sometimes loud is ok if it sounds good. Sometimes it gets annoying as heck!
It’s not annoying at all in the powder. Great tone, makes the Yamaha triple sing. I’d buy another in a heartbeat.

klim-in

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2009
Idaho
If you really want to hear this exhaust sing, just let a buddy rip it up a hill while you sit back and listen. I never know how awesome the sound was till I heard it in person watching it go up a hill.

robrstopr

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2002
Colorado Springs
Added with Flash.....Its annoying load if you gotta ride distance to powder. Once in powder its awesome.... Not near as loud as my other boosted sled exhausts, but since its located in front vs under tunnel....Id say check out the EVO Captain Exhaust option.... Wasn't available when I did mine last year..

JMHA

Last edited:

kinger9

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2009
www.piergenius.com
Just a follow up on this.

Yes on clutching after flash and exhaust.

I rode about 50 miles on this and while it did sound awesome it was a little too loud for my riding so I went to a modified stock for the trail db requirements. I really like the sound and I just need to quiet it down at idle and slow cruising. That said my ears never rang like previous exhausts on other toys. My plan is to add a boost activated exhaust cut out that has a hole in it and closed when less then 2psi of boost, then opens up by 6psi. It will add 1.2lbs and should make it perfect for my needs and then I'll sell the sandale modified stock because its too quiet.

Sled ended up needing a new motor from a defective casting in the block so only got 200 miles on it before it went into the dealer 2 months ago and Yamaha wont sell a longblock so they are ordering every part of the engine and building me a new one. Upsetting to say the least! Such is the sport :)

Thanks!

Premium Features