• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rear suspension suggestions?

snowracer21

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2012
Sled: 2017 AXYS RMK Pro 800, 155"
Fox Float 3 Evol RC2 upfront
OEM WE non adjustables in the rear

Running a Silber turbo @5psi.

This sled will not stay off the rear bumper...which is fun..but when navigating a steep, technical sidehill, I'm having to put nearly all my weight over the bars just to keep the front end down.

Should I ditch the OEM Walkers? I could soften up the front track shock all the way..the only problem is, I like to jump, quite a bit...and it's a pain in the *** digging out the crescent wrench every time.

Suggestions?

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
Part of the nature of a turbo! I would ditch the walkers, by the time you crank the preload up enough to keep the front end down, itll ride like a hay wagon. Been there done that.

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
Sled: 2017 AXYS RMK Pro 800, 155"
Fox Float 3 Evol RC2 upfront
OEM WE non adjustables in the rear

Running a Silber turbo @5psi.

This sled will not stay off the rear bumper...which is fun..but when navigating a steep, technical sidehill, I'm having to put nearly all my weight over the bars just to keep the front end down.

Should I ditch the OEM Walkers? I could soften up the front track shock all the way..the only problem is, I like to jump, quite a bit...and it's a pain in the *** digging out the crescent wrench every time.

Suggestions?

The route I went after buying a Turbo, bought a Kmod rear suspension. Knowing how a stock Axys reacts during steep climbs, I didn't want it worse with a Turbo. By the time you spend top dollar for good shocks, why not go a bit further and have the best options. You will not be disappointed with a Kmod rear suspension!

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I would think some Boorant QS3s would be a good, quick adjustable upgrade, not cheap however.

Anyone know if there is a QSL available for the Poo yet? Sounds like they are working well on the cat and would be a good alternative to coupling.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
You can do an K-Mod as suggested- and having one on my turboed Axys, with 7# boost - it takes care of the RODEO!!

Lots off peeps think it's cool to steer with their feet- but cannot understand when I get faster and higher on the hill-( more track contact with the snow)
You will also gain a lot more than just keeping the front end down -with a BMW style of smoothness!!

I am a dealer for K-Mod - P/M me if your leaning that way- we will see what we can do for you.

Axys K Mod.jpg

Last edited:

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
The current K Mod skid is the Gen III. If you call Kevin, he MIGHT have some Polaris Gen II turn key skids left which are currently $400 off. All turn key skids come with Raptor shocks.

Yes, it's spendy but well worth the money.

FWIW, Keep your stock skid and if you trade/sell your current sled for another, you can buy a few parts and it'll fit any other sled. Parts required will depend on which brand of sled you go with. For example, going Axys to Axys will require a new set of his drop brackets. Some other sled brands require different cross-shafts and/or new rails, it depends on which brand of sled you go to.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Another thought for you that is far more reasonable $ for $.

1) Get your rear track shock revalved more aggressively (more LSC damping)

2) Get a heavier spring on that RTS

3) Increase preload of your RTS

4) Decrease preload of your FTS

Considering you jump, I'd say just go to a heavier RTS spring and get your shiz revalved with 20% more LSC. That'll fix your problem and be a WHOLE lot less expensive than the other options thrown around here.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Progressive stainless rear spring from rcs.

1763e47cdf36d13a5869c731743e0620.jpg

de6878036164f2ea01e393ea4e5f2e35.jpg

CUSH in the chatter.
Anti flip over backwards and anti bottoming for the big hits.

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Bought through ron zugg.
$350 if I remember right.

Another hundred gets you the Ti version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Premium Features