• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP pipe + can clutching

S

stormaren

Dec 15, 2015
Hey!

I will run the pipe + can combo from SLP in my 2018 at 0-3000'. Curious about the weights...

I have the SLP green/pink (160/340) primary spring and a black/purple secondary spring. Running a custom helix, scratched numbers. But I think its an old pro-ride one. Same setup as I ran on my 2016 that I will mount on the new 2018.

I have 71g MTX and 68g bellybuster grinded on the tip to 67.5g laying around from my older 2016. I mostly ran the 71g empty.

So my question is, what do you guys think? ?

Everything helps, cheers!

R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
Heres my take on clutching an Axys

First off, so you have a belt drive or a chain case? They have very different gearing is why i ask.
I like using softer spring and lighter weights. Which is the opposite of what your doing. Your primary spring is way to heavy. I would go to a 120-320 primary and run your 67.5g belly busters in your primary. In your secondary run the stock straight 40 with a black/green secondary spring. ( 120/220) make sure to run 2 Derlin washers as well. Run a carlisle ultimate 809 belt. Make sure you split your primary and shim it correct to this belt. The reason for this belt is it isn't as hard as the axys belt which allows your to run a softer spring and stiff have enough grip on the belt. The 809 belt is also a tiny bit longer, which allows you set you bet further up the secondary which will give you a lower starting gear. another helix to try is 54-38. 36.

thats my 2 cents.

Premium Features