• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cat colors 2

Should Arctic Cat offer color options for sno-check sleds?

• Yes

Votes: 240 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 5.1%

• Total voters
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
R
Feb 29, 2016
Most of those complaining aren't going to buy one either way so whats the point of complaining :juggle::juggle:

How could ANY of you possibly know who is and is not going to buy a new sled from any brand, at any time? That is a ridiculous assumption.

The point of complaining is to try and instigate change. Obviously, since nearly everybody who voted, voted for more color choices, people are hoping for just that in the future. The manufacturers would be wise to respond, especially the one that stands out with no choices...

R
Feb 29, 2016
The color choices are fine with me, I buy 10K dirt bikes all the time with no color choices, Orange or Orange is my option

Cancer is gone.............Snow checked a 18 MC, dont care what color but I like the one color it came in, get over it

Works great for the blindly brand loyal I guess...

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
How could ANY of you possibly know who is and is not going to buy a new sled from any brand, at any time? That is a ridiculous assumption.

The point of complaining is to try and instigate change. Obviously, since nearly everybody who voted, voted for more color choices, people are hoping for just that in the future. The manufacturers would be wise to respond, especially the one that stands out with no choices...

I like the 2018 MC green 100% better than 2017 green MC, just my opinion, but I would buy it either way, meaning color played no part in my choice, I dont have color choices with dirt bikes either

Last edited:
R
Feb 29, 2016
I like the 2018 MC green 100% better than 2017 green MC, just my opinion, but I would buy it either way, meaning color played no part in my choice, I dont have color choices with dirt bikes either

The point of the thread really doesn't have anything to do with your choices Dave. I think it is great that you are in the 5% who doesn't care if there are choices.

No way I would do the green '17 MC, no way. '18 MC is better. There should still be at least one other choice I think. You know, along the lines of the threads intent...

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Ever since i became an adult, all of my sled purchasing was decided by the looks of the sled.
I even bought a 96 MXZ and put a 144 track on it because i wanted an all yellow sled with cool graphics, summits were blue or green at the time.

Go Hawks!

M
Oct 4, 2015
Montana
Black Sleds

Henry Ford was reputed as saying you can have a Model T in any color you wish, as long as it is black! I think black cars & trucks, & women in black dresses are classy & sexy; but I choose not to have one due to the maintenance required. On the other hand, I have always had black Cats, that is until I sold my black '16 M8000 LTD to purchase a '17 Mountain Cat purely for the upgraded tech! I poured over wrap after wrap to cover up that "green". That is until several women in black (my generation) as well as the younger generation loved that "green"! You know that "green" has seriously grown on me; it looks really good in my trailer next to my other two older "black" cats! So. my advice is, Don't be too narrow minded, buy based on your wants/needs, for the new tech. etc & don't sweat the color, your tastes may change & You can always wrap it later.:face-icon-small-coo

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
So as far as I can tell there's 3 differences between the MC and snopro
1 shocks
2 LED head lights
3 lighter fuel tank

Or is there more that we don't know about?

Last edited:

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
The point of the thread really doesn't have anything to do with your choices Dave. I think it is great that you are in the 5% who doesn't care if there are choices.

No way I would do the green '17 MC, no way. '18 MC is better. There should still be at least one other choice I think. You know, along the lines of the threads intent...

if.............there were choices then yes I would choose one I liked better, but.............its not a deal breaker.

I bought so many Cats because I had a good dealer not because I thought Cat was best, that guy has moved on so I was looking at other brands, and I did look at Poo but I know you take care of your stuff and you are having issues so hard to choose Poo, Doo was next choice but again they have issues so back to Cat, easy choice, I want tough and reliable, easy choice

R
Feb 29, 2016
Those are the reasons I am looking at Cat again, and the same reasons why we picked out a new '16 Cat for Randy when prior to my Poo issues the Axys was going to be the sled.

I just wish I could pick from some color schemes that aren't so freaking ugly, and I understand this is a matter of personal preference. Being able to choose something without green or orange sure would be nice Cat. Not everybody thinks those are cool colors...

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
pretty sure if you remove the decals you will have a black body with a green tunnel

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Sure would be nice if Cat would come clean with this info AND a published dry weight.

Why do you care so much about the dry weight? One more thing for you to bitch about? My guess is, whatever the dry weight is it'll be too much for you. There is plenty of info in this forum on sled weights.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Its all about the green! bold without the ghey.
not everyone is into choosing fifty shades of blue and yellow to match their one piece fart suite.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Most of those complaining aren't going to buy one either way so whats the point of complaining :juggle::juggle:

That is a valid point.
However, I gotta ask why click on a thread discussing whether or not there should be more color options, and then proceed to complain about those taking part in the discussion?

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
That is a valid point.
However, I gotta ask why click on a thread discussing whether or not there should be more color options, and then proceed to complain about those taking part in the discussion?

Too see what the discussion is about

R
Feb 29, 2016
Why do you care so much about the dry weight? One more thing for you to bitch about? My guess is, whatever the dry weight is it'll be too much for you. There is plenty of info in this forum on sled weights.

I have news for you. The ONLY folks who do not care about mtn sled weight are Yammi and Cat fans because the other two manufacturers have been handing it to you for years. I have been reading the forums and I do not see where anybody has weights for the '18 MC. Important consumer advice even of you choose to ignore it. My buddies '16 Cat, while a huge improvement in handling over the previous chassis, is still a heavy pig. You can lie to yourself all you want that it doesn't matter, r you can't feel the difference but the truth is weight is a detriment to every aspect of performance. The less unnecessary weight, the better the sled will handle and accelerate.

It is a performance thing, you clearly wouldn't understand....

W
Jan 15, 2017
Performance thing? How about reliability thing. Weak bulkheads and clutches with uncommon amounts of run-out. Having to add stiffening kits so it doesn't fold up on you. I don't care what your view is because when you have a broke *** sled, it doesn't matter what color it is, it is still a heavy pile of broke *** sled. I will take reliability and strength over a 15lb difference in weight.

Premium Features