• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aftermarket Y-pipes on the M8 what's up?

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Why are the dyno's seeing 4-5hp gains with the y-pipe on the M8's yet real world conditions show nothing. Just wondering why people are not getting some improvement out of them on the M8's

S
Dec 6, 2007
I put one on my 07 M8 because of all the hype. After a few rides I took it off because I didn't like it. Since you can't really feel the seat of the pants increase of 5 horse power I will not claim it didn't produce more power. However it did effect the rideability by causing hesitations and bogs off the line. I tried it after 2 reflashes and the ECU update to the 08 programming and still didn't like it.

Since it is still sitting on the shelf I might throw it on my 09 M8 just to see. If not I will continue using it to keep all the reciepts for the "must have" performance upgrades I have purchased from blowing away when I open my garage door up.

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Yea I guess that is true, you can't feel 5hp on a 500lb machine very well.

S
Nov 26, 2007
utah
when i was doing the power work-up on my 07 m-8, i dyno checked two y-pipes from two different name manufacturers....both lost hp, one lost 10 hp....went with the stock y, single and can for 11 hp gain.....with porting and head, ended up with 163 hp...cpi pipe and porting

I
Sep 17, 2008
rocky mountains
I have ran D&D Y pipes on a M7,M8,M1000 and all three picked up RPM and required reclutching. In my book if you pickup RPM's and have to change clutching the sled is building power. Some Y pipes are designed different so results may vary. D&D and bikeman are closely built the same Speedwerx are much different the length is much different. For mountain riding i prefer D&D no hesitations or bogs like noted above.

Just my two bits....

Premium Features