• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber ecu flash problems

rmk all the way

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Dayton Wa
fccad6ce5b5eb679f872ac84212bbf38.jpg
. I’ve tried to see if this is true or not but haven’t found any hard proof. Any of you guys know more? In the mean time I’ll be out ridding my non flashed turbo 850

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Silber is supposed to be coming through and I am going to get mine flashed for the turbo that I don't have. My dealer has one one his sled that is sitting on the showroom floor. He told me he has to get it refreshed with a new flash. That is all I know. I should get a whole box of t shirts. We have
More snow than we've had in 20 years and no turbo.
Turbolessterry.

Last edited:
F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Sounds like a lean spot identified on some 18 models, in the mid range.. No motors lost

I'm guessing here but we had the same thing happen with our impulse turbo kit after I had just got it.. It actually happened to me and gave me a lean pop after a good pull, taking out my reeds on the hill.. Had to send back for a quick reflash and more fuel was added.. Never had a hick up after that

Nice to see silber taking the correct step early rather than getting caught with pants down

Jblaze74

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2011
Reno/North Tahoe
well, at least they can remedy this with no lost engines. Theres no snow here anyways, and I'm waiting for my primary spring that didn't make it into the box.... maybe this will entice mother nature to play nice on the west coast, seems to always happen when my sled is down!!

rmk all the way

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Dayton Wa
well, at least they can remedy this with no lost engines. Theres no snow here anyways, and I'm waiting for my primary spring that didn't make it into the box.... maybe this will entice mother nature to play nice on the west coast, seems to always happen when my sled is down!!

There’s snow if your in the right areas. I would bet one or two motors got fried out there some place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Talked with Corey.. No motors lost, just a lean spot mid range and only on some 18 ecms, was spotted on a/f and they want it right before there could be apparent problems.. On the Rd to snow now and will be sending our ecms out to us from there.. And we get a free t shirt:face-icon-small-sho

Always these guys if not.

https://youtu.be/pR38CGDNT4E

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
A fix is being tested in the field today. I hesitate to update like this, but again, we all are pushing hard to be as honest and transparent as possible.

The problem is very atypical. Many have ridden their 18 kits without issue, but once we discovered the issue we knew we had to get in front of it. This is us doing that. We know its less than ideal!

We also anticipate this problem effecting other kits (piggyback controllers).

Hope my update helps! We are making headway!

Last edited:
N

nuttyn01

Dec 3, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
piggy back fuel controllers can add fuel where needed. Some fuel controllers in line with the stock ECU will add it automatically.

A fix is being tested in the field today. I hesitate to update like this, but again, we all are pushing hard to be as honest and transparent as possible.

The problem is very atypical. Many have ridden their 18 kits without issue, but once we discovered the issue we knew we had to get in front of it. This is us doing that. We know its less than ideal!

We also anticipate this problem effecting other kits (piggyback controllers).

Hope my update helps! We are making headway!

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
piggy back fuel controllers can add fuel where needed. Some fuel controllers in line with the stock ECU will add it automatically.

Absolutely, but many piggyback controllers come with a pre-programmed map (Sidekick, MPI) that is non-adjustable. Also, this problem is not a typical "fuel map" miss (eg, it doesn't pop up in many riding situations).

Last edited:
J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Field testing of the fix continues today. Its been distributed to a few people and Justin himself is out there today. So far, its spot on. Looking like its been remedied. Just figured I'd post an update...

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Good job guys, get it right.. be out after Christmas with a few boost it and Redline kits, both I seen working flawless, so make sure this is as well, we all want to see it run

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
You guys all probably saw the video. Problem fixed.

Now we just need a bunch of big storms to line up!!!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Just met up with the guys from Silber Turbos on the way back from field testing. Everything is rocking and they just flashed an 18 ecu for my customer. They will be back in the MN shop tommorow and taking care of everyone as fast as they can!

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FSilberTurbos%2Fvideos%2F1577528109006676%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

https://www.facebook.com/SilberTurbos/videos/1577528109006676/

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Worth noting, we are working on a remote reflash setup for a select few dealers and distributors. A few have the capability right now, but we want to be certain things are working right before we advertise who these dealers specifically are.

Just another update for everyone. We know reflashing has been a PITA for some, hence, we're addressing this too.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Silber is supposed to be coming through and I am going to get mine flashed for the turbo that I don't have. My dealer has one one his sled that is sitting on the showroom floor. He told me he has to get it refreshed with a new flash. That is all I know. I should get a whole box of t shirts. We have
More snow than we've had in 20 years and no turbo.
Turbolessterry.

More snow than 20 years where at I want to track some of it if your broke down

Premium Features