• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Update on new chaincase protector/guard from Redstar Machine

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
I’m pretty excited for this, and can’t wait to see the final product. I know there are many of us interested in this, so I wanted to keep you informed.

Here’s a little update:

This is the actual plastic A/C Yamaha chaincase cover scanned into 3D then turned into an aluminum part.

This is what we will be fabricating in the next few weeks to replace the plastic model. It will be outfitted with the same access holes as stock, as well as it will retain the same mounting holes!

-Dr.Dave
Www.redstarmachine.com

D347F28E-BF40-46E4-B2FD-D8EB18A5C0E6.jpeg

Last edited:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I wish the plastic cover could mount over the top (or bottom of sled) to prevent a giant ice formation and glide over objects easier than aluminum.

Mountain Cat

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
i been waiting to see what comes also. looks like hes busy making bird art. Might have to hit up racinstation for a rob kincaid style. i want to replace the plastic cover with something stout not keep stacking covers/skidplates.

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
i been waiting to see what comes also. looks like hes busy making bird art. Might have to hit up racinstation for a rob kincaid style. i want to replace the plastic cover with something stout not keep stacking covers/skidplates.
Is there a racinstation one. I looked on the website and didn't see anything...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Is there a racinstation one. I looked on the website and didn't see anything...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

yeah he said pm him about it a month or so ago, might be sold out by now, i was holding out to compare and will probably lose out now... oh well, i have a solid year of use without hitting it on anything, its only when i dont ride that i freak out about stuff i dont have that i think i need.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest

I reached out before the holidays and nothing new yet, I’ll let you know if I hear anything!

-Stack

Premium Features