• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

650 not charging anymore

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
I went to charge my GPS and now it doesn't charge. It used to display the current charge rate when turned off when charging. Now it shows nothing and isn't charging. I plug it in a few times throughout the summer and run through functions.Anyone else have this happen and what was yur fix? Thanks for the help. It's 3 yrs old very little use.

C

cableguy

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Country BC
mine does this sometimes i think the power connector is finicky with mine
i put some electrical grease/silicone and it helps and it has to sit just right to charge

S
Mar 15, 2014
Iowa
I had a problem with a brand new one doing the same. Plug it in, wouldn't charge at all. New one does. Hope this isn't a problem.

I did learn to turn off the bat saving mode. When you shut it off in this mode, it only shuts the screen off, still using bat. power.

2Thetopp

Lifetime Membership
Call Garmin, then hook it up to your computer, they'll walk you through an update, if that doesn't work, then get a repair number, send it in, they will replace if still under warranty, they did for me the first time. Second time it cost me $150.00, sent it in they replaced the unit with another. Still cheaper than buying new.

Last edited:
Premium Features