• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

96 zrt600 rear skid swap ?'s

hello everyone im new to the forum I have a few questions I have a 96 zrt600 that I want to long track to a 159 im on a 136 now I cant find any rails or rail ext that are long enough for this so I was wondering if there is another skid I could use like the ett or something else that would give me a little more travel I can get custom rails made at iceage but id like to upgrade all the rear suspension at once just don't want to spend 3 grand doing it also if I could and raise the rear of the sled 3" I want to run the 159 and I don't want to get rid of my sled I just don't have enough track with all the other mods done I like it any help with this would be great

B
Nov 27, 2007
Rovaniemi, Finland
If you like to modify a bit, M-series float skid will work too. You need to add 1cm thick aluminum to narrow tunnel at front mount as the M-series front arm is narrower than ZR style. Rear arm should bolt on, but you need move the rear mounts to fit M-series skid location.

Here's a pic of my rear mounts I made By my self. I used the same thick aluminum plate at front to narrow the tunnel. Just bolted over the stock holes and drilled holes.
main.php

I removed the stock running boards and bought aftermarket ones. I installed the boards higher at back to increase space between boards and snow. I bought M-series rolls and gussets so I took the measures from M-series to fit all together.

so heres what I did im thinking it is a wise move I found a 159" skid complete out from under a 2004 vertical edge rmk800 I got it for 330 with shipping and a buddy of mine has upgraded shocks I can get for it this whould be close to bolt in I know I need spacers for the upper mounts but other then that its already set the way I want and its got 17" of travel now I just have to get it all together need to strip it and also do some powder coating and paint work I thank you for your input i will be putting up some pics as i build it should be a pretty wicked mod sled when done

Premium Features