• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carbonfibre Body Panels

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
Do the pro side panels really weigh that much? The amount of weight you would lose compared to the amount of money you would spend doesnt seem to make any sense to me...

S

sledfreak89

Apr 30, 2009
Milford, MI
If your just looking for the carbon fibre look, just buy some vehicle vinyl on Ebay and do it yourself.

Just review a couple videos on YouTube on how its done. Its real easy and vehicle vinyl has come a long way and is almost error proof if you buy the right stuff.

I know there is a new vehicle vinyl out recently that breaths, so if there is a bubble in it, you just chop the bubble up and press down with your thumb and poof its gone.

Ive been thinking about doing this to one of my sleds.

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Do the pro side panels really weigh that much? The amount of weight you would lose compared to the amount of money you would spend doesnt seem to make any sense to me...

True; the hood is where the real weight savings is and FTX is making those but you'll lose the headlights. If anyone would like to purchase epoxy to give it a try themselves, please contact me (have the world's finest epoxies for compression molding).

Have FUN!

G MAN

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
True; the hood is where the real weight savings is and FTX is making those but you'll lose the headlights. If anyone would like to purchase epoxy to give it a try themselves, please contact me (have the world's finest epoxies for compression molding).

Have FUN!

G MAN

Just removing the hl from the stock hood will drop a good chunk of weight on its own...
I couldn't believe how heavy it was.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado

I asked the same thing. Kurt at Fasttrax made a good comment that once a guy starts hacking his panels for vents it makes the panels very week. The carbon fiber is a good solution to hold together. Pretty expensive though.

Premium Features