• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Change oil line help needed?

C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
I am changing my oil line so I can put a restrictor in line. 2007 Apex gt2554.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/223301329678

Currently my feed is from the oil cooler next to the oil filter. It has a 4an threaded hole out front. My kit I bought has an elbow but it looks like the steering shaft is too close to this area and there will be no room to thread my elbow in.
I am concerned that the shaft will bump or bind against the fittings from the front t of the oil cooler.

Has anyone found a good way to channel the oil out without having steering issues?

Thanks,

C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
solved

I was able o get an adaptor from 1/8 npt to -4an and run my hose to the turbo and restrictor.

now I need to figure out tuning from the attitude industries controller. I am having a flat spot on the bottom off idle.

C

coug66

Oct 31, 2010
NW near Greenwater
this didnt work

the steering shaft in front of the oil cooler was just too close to clear the oil line fitting. It ended up bending at the threads and oil leaked out causing a mess.

I ended up using the existing tube coming out of the oil cooler ( it had a restrictor there :( ) so while the job wasn't needed I ended up using a compression fitting to attach a steel braided hose. then I used the banjo fitting on the front with additional restrictor.

I then found out I had another issue with oil leaking the exit. I think my gasket under was torn. I have new fittings and hose to have this job complete.

The sled rips really happy with it.

I need to adjust boost the pressure needle jumps to 20 psi when I peg it.

I am running 92 pump gas. so I want to dial it down to 10 to 13 psi.

Premium Features