• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No Spark!

TallCan

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2016
Sierra Nevadas
Fresh Snow in the Mountains again. Went out for a rip, rode about 30 miles with no issues. Hit the trail to head back to the truck and the sled just died, couple pulls it popped and fired up for 2-3 seconds then died again. Several pulls, nothing, pulled the plugs, looked good but changed them anyways. Checked for spark and nothing (no spark). Did a pretty thorough inspection of wiring but couldn’t find anything. 20 mile tow back to truck
Not real sure where to start. Any Ideas???
Thanks

kidder17

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Saskatchewan
Throttle free play too tight? On mine it was to tight with no free play and when I would crank on the bars it would do exactly what you described.
Just a thought to check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Unplug tether if you have one, also key and kill switch and give it a try. Try TSS bypass also.

C

cdadragon

Jun 16, 2010
CDA Idaho
No spark!

Check the diagnostic plug on the left side of the motor. Mine was not properly seated from the factory. It was a intermittent issue. Once seated, the sled works great.

H
Oct 14, 2009
Appleton Maine
Same exact thing happened to mine. Thought it was the tether too. Disconnected it, still same symptoms as yours. Then thought it was the TSS. Nope. Took it to dealer. Polaris told them to change the fuel pump. Nope. Then they told them to change the stator. That was it. But it had the same exact symptoms as yours. Glad yours was something stupid and a easy fix.

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
Why would you change a fuel pump with a no spark condition?
It is really easy to check for spark and eliminate all the switches. Also fairly easy to check stator output. I forgot dealers don't do any diagnostics anymore. They just throw parts at it, that will fix it.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Same exact thing happened to mine. Thought it was the tether too. Disconnected it, still same symptoms as yours. Then thought it was the TSS. Nope. Took it to dealer. Polaris told them to change the fuel pump. Nope. Then they told them to change the stator. That was it. But it had the same exact symptoms as yours. Glad yours was something stupid and a easy fix.

Time for a new dealer.

Premium Features