• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best reeds for turbo

F
Jan 2, 2013
Wondering what reeds you guys use? I have a 17 suzuki 800 that i will be running a push turbo, boyesen said i can use the super stock reed made for a turbo on the stock cages, or a carbon version for stock cages. I have rage cages i was thinking of using the super stock turbo petals on, they however said not to use rage cages. Not sure why.

I thought ive read before guys using rage cages with stiffer reeds.

Only thing im concerned about is using the high tension super stock turbo petals is will it cause off idle hesitation or just not as good of response?

Thanks for any insight

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
I’m using rage cages. As far as I can tell, They’ve been working great.

I may be wrong, but I think the problem with rage cages is fitment with turbo kits. The intakes are all built with slim tolerances and fitment in that front nose cone. So that extra 1/8th” they stick out can cause grief when putting it together.

But maybe there are petal issues, if so, I haven’t experienced anything within my 500 miles at 5-7lbs of boost.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Been running stock reeds for a long time with no issues. The key is tuning...avoid going too lean or rich.

Some guys swear by just doubling up the stockers. Aftermarkets have mixed results from seeing this over the years.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Force turbo has reeds for you.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Give them a call and see what they have or recommend.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Wondering what reeds you guys use? I have a 17 suzuki 800 that i will be running a push turbo, boyesen said i can use the super stock reed made for a turbo on the stock cages, or a carbon version for stock cages. I have rage cages i was thinking of using the super stock turbo petals on, they however said not to use rage cages. Not sure why.

I thought ive read before guys using rage cages with stiffer reeds.

Only thing im concerned about is using the high tension super stock turbo petals is will it cause off idle hesitation or just not as good of response?
The boots that hold the rage cages to the throttle bodies can't take the pressure and blow out, I used a plumbing repair clamp on the boots on a boosted M1200. It encased the boot in a metal sleeve with 2 clamps holding it together, worked for a full season before the boot blew out again. Had multiple sets of cages that Boyesen had given for testing and ended up milling outside flat and porting the face to match stock intake flanges, have run that setup on both 1000 and 800 turbos for years since. Turbo reeds supplied at that time still working.

Premium Features