• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Risers

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
Had a 17 with the 7 inch stock riser and fit me perfect. How much shorter were the 18's as I've ordered an Expert but have a buddy that wants to trade his 18 riser for mine. I believe they went a little shorter in 18 bc people were complaining it was too tall.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
As i strive to be a better rider it is becoming clear that the stock riser on my 2017 Summit X may be a little too tall for good control of the sled especially when side hilling. The tall riser keeps my position too far to the rear, thinking a shorter riser will allow a more forward position. Worth a try anyway.

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
As i strive to be a better rider it is becoming clear that the stock riser on my 2017 Summit X may be a little too tall for good control of the sled especially when side hilling. The tall riser keeps my position too far to the rear, thinking a shorter riser will allow a more forward position. Worth a try anyway.
At just under 6'4" barefoot I just know that the stock riser on the new Expert that a ordered just won't do it for me. If my one buddy changes his mind I'll swap your riser for mine come this new season. I see your in Boise, I'm just down in Bear Lake.

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
At just under 6'4" barefoot I just know that the stock riser on the new Expert that a ordered just won't do it for me. If my one buddy changes his mind I'll swap your riser for mine come this new season. I see your in Boise, I'm just down in Bear Lake.

Might just take you up on that swap. I have also snow checked an Expert 165 and going to give the short riser a good chance before changing it out.

BTW I am 6'3" 210# and willing to change things up for the sake of knowing what will work to benefit my riding. Have also been considering moving the steering post forward if possible. The Gen4 just works better the further forward I am on the sled when side hilling.

Welcome all comments regarding riser height and body position.

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho
Might just take you up on that swap. I have also snow checked an Expert 165 and going to give the short riser a good chance before changing it out.

BTW I am 6'3" 210# and willing to change things up for the sake of knowing what will work to benefit my riding. Have also been considering moving the steering post forward if possible. The Gen4 just works better the further forward I am on the sled when side hilling.

When I first guy started I rode an 04 Summit quite a bit and the bending over bothered my back and the bend I had to do to my neck to look up really bothered me at the end of the day. I just envision that with these really short risers. Stood on one in Jackson and wow, they are low. Keep me posted.

T
Feb 8, 2010
Nelson, B.C.

Or try a skinz post forward kit.

kcj1317

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2012
St Charles Idaho

Do you still want to get rid of that riser on your 17? Have a buddy that will trade me my 2020 for his 18 riser but with the 17 an inch longer I wouldn't mind that one.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Your height has NOTHING to do with what riser is best! Your arm length does...

Consider this...a 5'8 guy with short arms may need a taller riser than a 6'4 guy with ape arms.

The best riser for you is one that you have just a slight bend in your elbows while standing straight legged on the sled..

Ace

K
Nov 27, 2007
Washington
I am 6’5”. I got an adjustable one. I have to be able to stand up for trail parts of the day especially if its a pounded out single track. Really though! Once the actual riding starts, shorter is a lot better. Taller makes you fight with the sled.

Premium Features