• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trailer Recommendation

A
Mar 7, 2019
I don't have a sled but use a SxS with tracks...I assumed this would be a great place to find out more about trailers for cold weather use!

I really like the idea of the Logan and Trails West trailers since they're decked out. Are there other manufacturers that put together a similar package?

I'm assuming it would be more economical for me to buy a shell and finish it out myself. If going this route, which manufacturer would you go with?

For those that use heaters in their trailers, what do you do with all the melt water? Does anyone put drains in the floor? Or is it not that big of a deal?

I'm open to both bumper pull and goose neck.

With my tracks on, my SxS measures 82" tall, 140" long, and 72" wide.

Thanks for your time!

dhtrailer

Lifetime Membership
We sell the Logan Coach Horse Power trailers and have had very good luck with them. We can design about anything you may want or need in a new trailer. From the most basic to the fully loaded model. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
check out Charmac as well. i really like the looks of them with the spread axle. build quality is great and you can get the KC version decked out.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I don't have a sled but use a SxS with tracks...I assumed this would be a great place to find out more about trailers for cold weather use!

I really like the idea of the Logan and Trails West trailers since they're decked out. Are there other manufacturers that put together a similar package?

I'm assuming it would be more economical for me to buy a shell and finish it out myself. If going this route, which manufacturer would you go with?

For those that use heaters in their trailers, what do you do with all the melt water? Does anyone put drains in the floor? Or is it not that big of a deal?

I'm open to both bumper pull and goose neck.

With my tracks on, my SxS measures 82" tall, 140" long, and 72" wide.

Thanks for your time!

I bought a whole home dehumidifier, a 36 pint capacity, to take care of any moisture/water. I turn on the furnace and my 120VAC heater to get it over 40*. Plug in/turn the dehumidifier and let it run. I do not let it run over night, only during the day. It usually takes about 2 days, 16 hours f run time, and the inside of my trailer will be dry with only a little bit of water left in the center of the skis.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Most newer trailers use drain holes. Logan and trails west ducts the air through holes in the floor so heat comes up, water goes out.

My charmac held water at the back door, I raise the tongue when unhooked, water runs to two 3/8 holes I drilled in each back corner.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Never had a waterproof trailer. Snow melts and runs out.
Brand? You're obviously looking at top of the line, so include Triton, Featherlite and Charmac.
Have had a Triton enclosed and now a Charmac. Both nowhere near new and both 100% trouble free. Both pretty tough too.
Have a Charmac now. Bought 5 years ago, it's a 2005. Has spent almost 15 wet winters in the PNW, no leaks and not much worse for the wear.
There are no trailers that are winter specific design. They're all a frame, shell and axles. You can buy insulated and heated though of course, depending on the size of your wallet.
Most sled trailers are 6' or 6'-6 inside. Probably have to special order a 7' tall trailer.

Premium Features