• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aftermarket pipe on 850

Qwkrunner

Premium Member
May 19, 2019
As I'm waiting on my 2020 xc 137" 850 I was wondering if any of you tried out and aftermarket pipe on one of your sleds and did you see a difference in performance? Is it worth the $$$ and which manufacture did you get it from? Like to hear real world results before spending the money! Was leaning towards bikemans ?! Thanks on advance

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Jaws is working on one for the 850, the reason I like Jaws is that you can buy a heat shield with it. The pipe they made for the doo last year was a huge hit.

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
850 Patriot Pipe Mod

Our SSI pipe mod works really well for the 850. Solid 8-10 hp gain, and it makes power at a higher 8350-8450 too.

We will be carrying the Jaws pipe when they get it done, but the Pipe mod is a awesome option. It works!!

www.bd-xtreme.com for more details.

T

tbpatten33

Jul 18, 2011
Anyone curious as to the length of time is taking for these pipes to come out? I know bikeman released theirs very quickly, but SLP and Jaws seem to still be working on them?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Making a pipe that works and makes power isn't the most complicated thing, almost every pipe maker is able to do that with relative ease.

What is worriesome is when the OEM is making drastic mapping changes and updates to the stock fueling. Its hard to release a production friendly pipe setup.

For example, the stock 2019 850 mapping was generally rich. So a pipe could make some nice power with no fueling mods. 2020's or updated 19's with the newer leaner mapping might not work so good and worst case they could start blowing up sleds. As always, its exciting to get product to market, but often well worth it to wait until there is a solid baseline to work against.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Is there an estimated date for the poo 850 jaws pipe? Last year was a mess for the doo 850 ..guys waited all season and some were getting their pipe ahead of others.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Anyone curious as to the length of time is taking for these pipes to come out? I know bikeman released theirs very quickly, but SLP and Jaws seem to still be working on them?

I tested some pipes early and through out the season last year. The Bikeman pipe ran great all season from low elevations in MI to varying elevations in CO,MT, ID and WY. I ran it with both the 1st stock factory ECU programing and the factory re-flash. It had great fit and finish and weighed slightly more than the stock pipe with the insulation. It ran even better with the re-flash. Personally Im a fan of the ceramic coated pipes. They hold the heat in, run consistent, belts and under hood temps stay down as well.
The other brand prototype pipe did not work out and they should be deciding if they will proceed with further testing and development this year.
The good news is SPI Stright Line was also developing a single pipe to go with their cans. The pipe proved to be a strong runner as well, clean fit and finish and also ceramic coated with great run ability. That test sled lost a crank bearing (not related to the pipe) while we were in Colorado so the owner and a few other guys tested the pipes as well in other areas on other sleds. I don't have the dyno numbers from the SPI pipe, but it was as strong runner along with the Bikeman pipe, each with no extra controller needed. They both fit with different aftermarket front bumpers I tested but would not work with the Polaris factory under hood heated google bag (clutch side) without modifying the aluminum bag bracket. I dont sell them or get a percentage from sales. If you want more info on them you can go here: https://www.straightlineperformance.com/snowmobile/polaris/850-axys/ or https://bikemanperformance.com/snowmobile/polaris/axys-850-patriot.html

Last edited:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Dynotech research did 850 pipe dyno test last winter. Had stock, SSI pipe mod and bikeman(preproduction) polaris 850 pipes. Both the bikeman and SSI made about 8 more horsepower and reved the motor a little higher to get it. Not bad for a 180hp set up

Premium Features