• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fun Audiobooks I produced

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
Hi All,

I had 2 new audiobooks become available in the last week
Father of the Bride of Frankenstein by Dan Kimmel Definitely the funniest thing I've narrated so far.
In 1818, Mary Shelley wrote Frankenstein, creating the iconic concept, and incidentally creating modern science fiction.
In 1935, Elsa Lanchester married the monster.
And now, Daniel M. Kimmel updates the myth, and tells us the tale from the point of view of the most important character: the Father of the Bride of Frankenstein.
This is not Ms. Shelley's monster, but (dare we say it?) a dazzling urbanite, literate and thoughtful....and Jewish?
Science has always outrun the guidelines of ethics. It's not unthinkable that interspecies relationships will be the next big question. And with those relationships will come a father's love for his daughter, and that father's fears for his bankbook when his doting daughter plans the most outrageous of weddings.
Making your daughter happy can be a wild ride when her fiancé is being called subhuman, sued because of his very existence, and trying to keep a good Jewish home.
Film critic and award-winning author Daniel M. Kimmel is the author of the Hugo-finalist non-fiction volume Jar Jar Binks Must Die... and Other Observations about Science Fiction Movies, and the novels Shh! It's a Secret: a novel about Aliens, Hollywood, and the Bartender's Guide, and Time On My Hands: My Misadventures In Time Travel. He is the winner of the 2018 Skylark Award (formally known as the Edward E. Smith Memorial Award for Imaginative Fiction), which is given by the New England Science Fiction Association for lifetime contributions to science fiction.

And
All Made of Hinges: A Mormon Steampunk Anthology V1.

From weird to whimsical to disturbing, if you like steampunk, you'll like this one.
Cheerful in the face of dark opposition. Innovative to improve a backward world. Industrial as a cure for oppressive conditions. Unyielding beneath all who seek to bind and control them. Faithful until they conquer the fear of death and rise to great acts of heroism and service. Mormons and steampunks are two faces of the same coin.
Twelve authors spin tales of true believers facing impossible odds, risking this life in the hope of gaining something better after. Mormon Battalion soldiers fight an airship, a bounty hunter crosses Porter Rockwell, cultists attempt to reanimate Brigham Young, and missionaries run into Cthulhu. These are just a few of the amazing tales by award winning, bestselling, and premier authors - D. J. Butler, John M. Olsen, Steven L. Peck, Elizabeth Mueller, Scott E. Tarbet, Jay Barnson, Joe Monson, Amanda Hamblin, Christopher McAfee, Jace Killan, John D. Payne, and Lee Allred.
All Made of Hinges is the first installment in the incredible three-part Mormon steampunk series by Immortal Works Press. If you love these stories, look for more in Put Your Shoulder to the Wheel and Press Forward, Saints.

PM Me if you want a free code & will review them for me. :)

B
Dec 19, 2018
Hi All,

I had 2 new audiobooks become available in the last week
Father of the Bride of Frankenstein by Dan Kimmel Definitely the funniest thing I've narrated so far.
In 1818, Mary Shelley wrote Frankenstein, creating the iconic concept, and incidentally creating modern science fiction.
In 1935, Elsa Lanchester married the monster.
And now, Daniel M. Kimmel updates the myth, and tells us the tale from the point of view of the most important character: the Father of the Bride of Frankenstein.
This is not Ms. Shelley's monster, but (dare we say it?) a dazzling urbanite, literate and thoughtful....and Jewish?
Science has always outrun the guidelines of ethics. It's not unthinkable that interspecies relationships will be the next big question. And with those relationships will come a father's love for his daughter, and that father's fears for his bankbook when his doting daughter plans the most outrageous of weddings.
Making your daughter happy can be a wild ride when her fiancé is being called subhuman, sued because of his very existence, and trying to keep a good Jewish home.
Film critic and award-winning author Daniel M. Kimmel is the author of the Hugo-finalist non-fiction volume Jar Jar Binks Must Die... and Other Observations about Science Fiction Movies, and the novels Shh! It's a Secret: a novel about Aliens, Hollywood, and the Bartender's Guide, and Time On My Hands: My Misadventures In Time Travel. He is the winner of the 2018 Skylark Award (formally known as the Edward E. Smith Memorial Award for Imaginative Fiction), which is given by the New England Science Fiction Association for lifetime contributions to science fiction.

And
All Made of Hinges: A Mormon Steampunk Anthology V1.

From weird to whimsical to disturbing, if you like steampunk, you'll like this one.
Cheerful in the face of dark opposition. Innovative to improve a backward world. Industrial as a cure for oppressive conditions. Unyielding beneath all who seek to bind and control them. Faithful until they conquer the fear of death and rise to great acts of heroism and service. Mormons and steampunks are two faces of the same coin.
Twelve authors spin tales of true believers facing impossible odds, risking this life in the hope of gaining something better after. Mormon Battalion soldiers fight an airship, a bounty hunter crosses Porter Rockwell, cultists attempt to reanimate Brigham Young, and missionaries run into Cthulhu. These are just a few of the amazing tales by award winning, bestselling, and premier authors - D. J. Butler, John M. Olsen, Steven L. Peck, Elizabeth Mueller, Scott E. Tarbet, Jay Barnson, Joe Monson, Amanda Hamblin, Christopher McAfee, Jace Killan, John D. Payne, and Lee Allred.
All Made of Hinges is the first installment in the incredible three-part Mormon steampunk series by Immortal Works Press. If you love these stories, look for more in Put Your Shoulder to the Wheel and Press Forward, Saints.

PM Me if you want a free code & will review them for me. :)
I'd love to take a look at your books.

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
Got some new stuff up & Coming

So - I'm pretty well booked for the year:
I'm finishing up the initial edits for the 1st of a four book series:
Pemberly: Mr. Darcy's Dragon

by Maria Grace

About half through recording the second installment of Cameron Taylor's The Way of Aloha series. (The Way of Aloha: Moloka'i)

About 1/3rd of the way through recording Monsters Like Me (book one of a 5? book series).
And I'm contracted for the first book of another scifi series that looks pretty cool: Earthbound by Mari Collier

Then back to the other 3 Jane Austen's Dragons series, another kids book by Holly Szurpicki that I'll be doing, and yet ANOTHER 1st book of a scifi series by C.D. Tavenor, The First of their Kind. AND then on to the rest of the books in the Earthbound series, and possibly another 3 Mormon Steampunk books.

And I just re-roofed my house.

And my wife will have our sixth kid later this month.

So if you don't see me on the forum as much, you know why. :)

www.bennyfifeaudio.com

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
Pride & Prejudice & Dragons - Cuz Zombies was dumb.

Jane Austen's Dragons by Maria Grace

jane-austen-s-dragons-boxed-set.jpg

This delightful Pride and Prejudice variation is sure to bring smiles - and grimaces - at all the right places.

I have loved Jane Austen since I was first introduced to the BBC 6 hour production nearly 20 years ago. It gives me unspeakable pleasure in now being able to provide a voice to Mr.'s Bennet, Darcy, Bingley & Collins, as well as Jane & Lizzy. And probably even more delight to be able to voice the grumpy old Lonbourn. Who doesn't want to voice a cantankerous Wyvern? But to be able to voice Longbourn, AND Lizzy, AND Darcy in the same scene?

Even Austen purists will be hard pressed to put down Jane Austen's Dragons if they give it a fair shot.

Though a warning - It takes the 3 initial books to cover the same time period covered in Austen's original. That's what happens when you insert an additional plot.

Pemberly will be available for purchase on Audible & iTunes by the end of June, 2019. Look for the additional installments about every other month thereafter.

Be sure to check out my blog for my musings while I've been producing this series!

Click here to buy Pemberly: Mr. Darcy's Dragon on Audible! You won't regret it!

Last edited:
K
Nov 16, 2022
France
I can't believe how much time I save by listening to books instead of trying to grab a moment to read. Now I can enjoy exciting stories while I go for a morning run. And that's cool. Also recently I used law essay writing service, found https://edubirdie.com/law-essay-writing-service for this. But now I can run or cook and listen to everything about the legal system on my headphones. This really speeds up the whole process.

Last edited:
J
Pride & Prejudice & Dragons - Cuz Zombies was dumb.

Jane Austen's Dragons by Maria Grace

jane-austen-s-dragons-boxed-set.jpg

This delightful Pride and Prejudice variation is sure to bring smiles - and grimaces - at all the right places.

I have loved Jane Austen since I was first introduced to the BBC 6 hour production nearly 20 years ago. It gives me unspeakable pleasure in now being able to provide a voice to Mr.'s Bennet, Darcy, Bingley & Collins, as well as Jane & Lizzy. And probably even more delight to be able to voice the grumpy old Lonbourn. Who doesn't want to voice a cantankerous Wyvern? But to be able to voice Longbourn, AND Lizzy, AND Darcy in the same scene?

Even Austen purists will be hard pressed to put down Jane Austen's Dragons if they give it a fair shot.

Though a warning - It takes the 3 initial books to cover the same time period covered in Austen's original. That's what happens when you insert an additional plot.

Pemberly will be available for purchase on Audible & iTunes by the end of June, 2019. Look for the additional installments about every other month thereafter.

Be sure to check out my blog for my musings while I've been producing this series!

Click here to buy Pemberly: Mr. Darcy's Dragon on Audible! You won't regret it!
Thank you for sharing

Premium Features