• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz Hood vs Headlight Delete

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Trying to figure the actual benefit of the Skinz hoods. While there might be some "visual horsepower" benefits, is there actually a weight savings compared to just taking out the headlight assembly with a delete kit ?

If not, why spend the $500 over a $70 delete kit. My engineering head wants more than a "looks cool on the trlr" - because looks don't matter after the sled and I land upside down, me head stuck in the snow and feet in the air. At that point, the entertainment factor for the "gallery" has already been maxed out. :)

TIA

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Trying to figure the actual benefit of the Skinz hoods. While there might be some "visual horsepower" benefits, is there actually a weight savings compared to just taking out the headlight assembly with a delete kit ?

If not, why spend the $500 over a $70 delete kit. My engineering head wants more than a "looks cool on the trlr" - because looks don't matter after the sled and I land upside down, me head stuck in the snow and feet in the air. At that point, the entertainment factor for the "gallery" has already been maxed out. :)

TIA
I got my skinz hood new late in the season a couple years ago for $350. So there could be better deals out there. And the heated storage of the hood is awesome. On days where you are switching out gloves and goggles.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

blacklabel28

Premium Member
Jan 17, 2015
Keystone Co
I also got a deal on mine too but the biggest thing I was looking for was heated storage for drying goggles and gloves. it really gets hot and has a ton of room to store things in the headlight area. I can unfreeze a solid water bottle by lunch. I also added a rigid srm-pro pod for light. There is a little extra venting but its pretty minimal. The nice thing about it tho is you can move it to your next axys if you want. Same with the skinz frameless seat is what I plan to do.

Premium Features