• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Warranty Work

H
Oct 14, 2009
Appleton Maine
Just checking with Polaris guys. First RMK for me. Ive had the sled into the dealer last year for some warranty work and never a charge. Had to get a stator replaced this time and when I went to pick it up he said i have a $50 deductible. Not a big deal of course, but he never charged me for any deductible on any other warranty work? Can You guys comment on it, does Polaris charge a deductible? i didnt say anything to the dealer, because I couldnt remember if I had paid a deductible in the past or not. Upon further review I didnt.

Dont trust this dealer is just why I was asking

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Just checking with Polaris guys. First RMK for me. Ive had the sled into the dealer last year for some warranty work and never a charge. Had to get a stator replaced this time and when I went to pick it up he said i have a $50 deductible. Not a big deal of course, but he never charged me for any deductible on any other warranty work? Can You guys comment on it, does Polaris charge a deductible? i didnt say anything to the dealer, because I couldnt remember if I had paid a deductible in the past or not. Upon further review I didnt.

Dont trust this dealer is just why I was asking

I've heard rumors of that happening from others here on SW. I've never had to pay $50 for any warranty work. If you don't trust the dealer, call a different one and ask them if Polaris charges a deductible.

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
If I recall, there are various warrnty setups, first year is through OEM then for years 2+ is outsourced and there is a 50 dollar fee per visit. Not a big deal as if its worth bringing in for warranty its usually a lot more then $50 worth of work. You'd have to read the terms of your warranty conditions but you do sound like your on the right track there.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Extended Poo warranty after Y1 B2B is subject to a $50 deductible for each occurrence. There's also a value cap on total accumulated warranty coverage over the term of the contract, about the OEM value of the sled when new. Standard stuff. It's in the details.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I found some fine print from Polaris: "The Promotional Limited Warranty consists of the standard 12-month factory warranty plus an additional 12, or 24 months of additional promotional limited warranty coverage for a total of 24 or 36 months of warranty coverage. Any additional warranty coverage after the initial 12-month factory warranty is subject to a $50.00 deductible per visit."

Now, that may not be the same warranty program that you're on, but I wouldn't be surprised if it represents most of Polaris's extended warranties. It's still worth checking and making sure of what window you're in and what your actual paperwork says, but it sounds like the dealer is probably right. Those great deal warranties always seem to have that kind of fine print – some are worthless for small repairs. Hard to complain about $50 for a new engine though...

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
No deductible the first 12 months after purchase, 50.00 per visit after that point. BUT, some dealers still dont charge the 50.00 to the customer.

Most people dont realize that when they buy a new sled with a 2,3,4yr warranty that only the first year is a true, factory, bumper to bumper warranty.

Premium Features