• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 summit Highmark 1000sdi and Adrenaline 600DPM

F
Dec 20, 2018
This is a totaly newbie question about these sleds, but gotta ask any way.

Just got both sleds and been reading the manuals on line, but am confused.

What is the start proceedure for these teo sleds?
I am unclear if they are both electric start or pulstart only

They have been sitting a while and batteries are probobly going to be no good.
Was charging and was able to get the 1000 dash to light up and beep but the bsttery indicatet is still flashing and beeping.

The 600 no light up at all yet.

Sorry for the stupid question but what is start proceedure? Buttons to push? Pull start only? Or electric starter?

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
If I remember correctly both of those sleds are SDI motors in which they have to have GOOD batteries in order to run.

F
Dec 20, 2018
The 1000 is a SDI.
The 600 says it is a 600 HO DPM, according to the tags.

It was said that they are both electric start. But when i was reading up on the specs, said pull start. I just dont know if that means pull start only.

Any rate i gotta get two new batteries as they wont take a charge after charging for several hours.

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah
This is a totaly newbie question about these sleds, but gotta ask any way.

Just got both sleds and been reading the manuals on line, but am confused.

What is the start proceedure for these teo sleds?
I am unclear if they are both electric start or pulstart only

They have been sitting a while and batteries are probobly going to be no good.
Was charging and was able to get the 1000 dash to light up and beep but the bsttery indicatet is still flashing and beeping.

The 600 no light up at all yet.

Sorry for the stupid question but what is start proceedure? Buttons to push? Pull start only? Or electric starter?

I owned an '05 1000 myself. Like cubby said, the 1000 loves a good battery and is VERY temperamental when the battery gets weak.

The quickest way to tell if it has E-start is to open the left side panel, pull the clutch cover and there will either be a starter in this hole, or there wont. They all have a starter ring on the clutch.

zzz.jpg

As far as starting it, you just hit the start/rer button which will prime the injectors (you'll hear it), then pull the rope and go. If it IS E-start then pressing the start/rer button will prime the system and start at the same time.

I've still got some miscellaneous parts and accessories kickin around. PM me if there's some stuff you're looking for, and I'll see if I have it. :)

Edit: Here's a thread I started back in 2012 with a bunch of the parts I have. I may or may not still have some of the parts listed. With that said, I probably have more than what's listed. Like I said, if there's something you're looking for, let me know and I'll see if I have it. :D

https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313004

Last edited:
Premium Features