• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 engine light and battery light on.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
My 2013 SBA with 300 miles. Was riding today and the battery icon on the dash flashes while moving at all speeds. When I slow down to idle the battery icon goes away and the engine light illuminates. If I raise the RPM's at all the engine light goes away and the battery icon comes on.
The sled still runs perfect headlights and taillights are working fine.
I do have electric start. I do not have my manual with so I have not been able to look at that yet.

Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

SSABMUD

Lifetime Membership
Oct 18, 2010
Red Deer, Alberta
My 13 is doing the same thing. I have a turbo and a Koso X2 gauge. I believe there is too much draw. Have not had time to test voltage output or the regulator yet.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Mine was a bad voltage regulator. It was intermittent and would only act up after riding 10-15 miles. Output was down to 6VDC .

One symptom I failed to mention was that my gauge backlight would also flicker at idle.

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
While the engine light is on can't you scroll through and see what the code is?

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Yes I did eventually. I can't recall the numbers, but I think they were charging voltage low and something to do with the exhaust valve.

Every time I checked voltage at the battery when idling it was around 14 VDC. Ended up taking it to the dealer and they swapped the regulator and it fixed the problem. It would only surface after riding the sled for 15-20 miles or so.

Premium Features