• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RT wiring problem??

D
Mar 24, 2008
Idaho
Ok, I have an 05 rt 1000. I took the motor out trued the crank and put a new topend on it. I am now trying to get all the wiring hook up right. It as the boondocker box on it. From what I can tell I have all the wires connect correctly. However, the fuse down by the batterie keep plowing. I have traced to up to the start/reverse button circut board. When ever I plug these wires into the circut board it blows the fuse. The sled started and ran before tearing it down. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this. If there are any recalls? I do not have any spark with the fuse being plown.

My guess is either the circut board is bad or I have some of the wireing connected wrong.

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
If you need the new switch (handlebar control w/ rev / hi/lo and handwarmer switches) I have a new one I'd sell you for cheap. I don't know if that is your problem, but let me know if you want it.

R
Dec 8, 2007
If you are poping that fuse i would look for a pinched wire. I couldnt tell you where to look but that is what it sounds like?

O
Nov 27, 2007
Kamloops
Yep, like he said I would look for a pinched/shorted out wire. I know pullin that motor out is a ugly tight fit and something getting pinched is highly likely.

D
Mar 24, 2008
Idaho
Yep, like he said I would look for a pinched/shorted out wire. I know pullin that motor out is a ugly tight fit and something getting pinched is highly likely.

pulled motor out again. No pinched wires. Check very closely. Wondering if there I got something together wrong in the stator department??? Any way to test to is if the stator might be bad.

It might help to know that If I would un-plug the two wires mounted on the belly in front of the motor. I would not burn the fuse.

:confused::confused:

Premium Features