• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 M8000 Primary Clutch Upgrade

Deanearl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2009
Thinking again of changing my 2018 M8000 primary clutch out for a new roller bearing primary. Anyone with personal experience doing this and how it worked for you? The shimming that has to be done, is it to the secondary clutch to get it to align? Also wondering where the best place is to go for the best price...get them direct from AC or is the one from BDX the same clutch but put together with the belt?

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Seems like a lot of money ($1300) for a limited improvement over the stock 16 team clutches. Just put that money towards an 18-19 sled with the new motor and clutch. They are a better matched pair with the improved midrange power from the c-tech.

Deanearl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2009
BDX has just the primary and new belt for about$650 I think. Don't think there is a need to replace the secondary...$650 wouldnt be too bad.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
BDX has just the primary and new belt for about$650 I think. Don't think there is a need to replace the secondary...$650 wouldnt be too bad.

That isn't too bad if you are already looking at a rebuild for your 16 primary. Probably have to figure in another $100 for weights too. Then I am sure you could sell the 16 primary for a couple of hundred since it is a good upgrade for the older proclimbs.

I didn't check BDX, just the racinstation link. The $1300 upgrade definitely gave me some heartburn!

Super 8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2012
AC offers a 2018 primary upgrade with roller bearing, comes with a new spring and directions. This is priced very well and the best option for a new clutch.

Premium Features