• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How do I split an 800R crankcase?

I have an '07 800R with 4500km on it and it hasn't blown up yet so I'm going to replace the crank before it happens and costs me a heli-lift.

I have everything apart and now need to split the case. Is this done using the tabs and some special lever tool?

Also, where in Canada would you recommend getting a rebuilt crank from?

Thanks,

Z

R
Dec 8, 2007
my version of a vent kit

I bought a roll of prefilter material from slp and made a vent kit to cover the triangular holes in the side pannels. It works great I never have problems with snow plugging it up any more. If you are going to put pod fiters on you snould try to keep the inner airbox on. You need something to keep the heat out. I talked to a guy at a show once and he said to take the outer box off and run a piece of dryer vent pipe off the air horn. If you are wanting something cheap this is probably one of the best ways i have heard of. When you just put the pods on you suck in the heat off of the motor. With the pipe setup you get a cold air intake effect. It also saves around 10# the outer airbox is rediculously heavy.

Premium Features