• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best way to carry camera when sledding

SledGimp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Heber, UT
What are people using to carry a camera when riding, I have a Canon 30D and want to have quick access to it preferably on my chest

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT
I used this for a couple years, worked great, now I have a bigger camera and lens, and I use a Flipside 200 I carry a Nikon D3 with a 70-200 2.8 lens

Lowepro Top Load

Chest harness

I'm so jealous of that D3 FX! One day bro... 70-200 is by FAR my favorite glass. I have one, but never pack it with me on the sled because of it's size and I'm always worried about wrecking it! Maybe I should try to bring it along on a ride this year. I always use my 18-200. Not the best lens in the world but by far the most versatile, and I usually don't have to worry about low light on the snow.

I've always carried my camera and gear in a back pack, but this year I'm going for an abs bag. So I'm hoping that a dslr and lens will fit in one of those? Anybody know? Is it possible to wear a chest harness with an abs pack?

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
What are people using to carry a camera when riding, I have a Canon 30D and want to have quick access to it preferably on my chest

yo gimp,
i got a lower pro front fanny that would work pretty good for ya. I never use it anymore. Your more than welcome to try it out and see if you like it! You can fit the 30d with the 70-200mm lens and another wide angle/telephoto lens in there.
I used it dirtbiking and sledding a few times so i know it works

I need a little more space so i switched to the dakine mission photo pack - its the one i take hiking with me all over the country... fantastic pack!
http://www.backcountry.com/outdoorgear/DAKINE-Mission-Photo-Backpack-1500cu-in/DAK0588M.html

Last edited:

SledGimp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Heber, UT
yo gimp,
i got a lower pro front fanny that would work pretty good for ya. I never use it anymore. Your more than welcome to try it out and see if you like it! You can fit the 30d with the 70-200mm lens and another wide angle/telephoto lens in there.
I used it dirtbiking and sledding a few times so i know it works

I need a little more space so i switched to the dakine mission photo pack - its the one i take hiking with me all over the country... fantastic pack!
http://www.backcountry.com/outdoorgear/DAKINE-Mission-Photo-Backpack-1500cu-in/DAK0588M.html

Phatty,

If you remember bring it to the show with you I would love to check it out.

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
Its gotten old packing the D50 and big lens around...i usually stuff it in the boss seat with a nice bag that is hardly bigger then the camera itself.

Its just too big and id rather pack more beer, as beer is yum yum in my tum tum:face-icon-small-hap

If you have a small point and shoot for the back country that you want to use and you don't want to rip it out of your pack every time you want to snap a couple quick photos, just get a small pelican box that will fit your camera and it's case and zip tie it to the streering post just below the mountain bar so it's not in the way. You will have to drill some holes in the back side of the box so you can get the zip ties through there. The holes do not let any snow or moisture in at all. In fact if you stick a hand wamer pouch in the bottom of the case, then it will keep the camera warm and make the batteries last longer. As far as a high $ SLR I would recommend a bigger pelican box that has the tear away foam core so you can make a tight custom fit for your camera and other accesories. Best place to put this box is on the back of your tunnel and strap it down with a couple of NRS straps. I have used both and they work well.

Attachments

• P1010661.jpg
    P1010661.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 90

griffin86

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2008
I used my hmk. I out my d800 and 70-200mm into a think tank holster first. This year I am going to buy a f stop backpack.

media_popup.html

Premium Features