• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Have turbo pc ??? I don't see much lately

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Who says I'm not? See all these ASSumptions running around.

Did you really thank yourself for that post! That's taking it to a new level, lol

Then find the closest turbo builder that's sells more than two kits a year and go get it put on. There are no secrets in the turbo world. It all comes down to if you can tune. You have had a turbo sled. Why make this so difficult.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Im pretty new to the forced air circle but its been around for some time,the motors have not really changed that much but what has changed is the tuning and by tuning i mean fuel and the routing of the moving air. Its seems to me that low boost light weights and good tuning are key to quick responce. The more boost the heavier the weights to more it takes to get it moving. Why does a super charger need a innercooler at low moderate boost? do they build more heat than say a turbo at the same psi?

tundramonkey

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
MN
Im pretty new to the forced air circle but its been around for some time,the motors have not really changed that much but what has changed is the tuning and by tuning i mean fuel and the routing of the moving air. Its seems to me that low boost light weights and good tuning are key to quick responce. The more boost the heavier the weights to more it takes to get it moving. Why does a super charger need a innercooler at low moderate boost? do they build more heat than say a turbo at the same psi?
I don't believe the first round of SC had intercoolers. Then they started with the Air to Air intercooler to lower the charge temps to make more HP at the same boost level. Now they are running Water to Air intercooler to drop the charge temps even more.

I don't know if the SC heats the charge temp more than a turbo or not.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Would you rather climb a mountain breathing 70* air or 220? Which would your lungs last longer with and which carries more power? The colder more dense air obviously. We did some testing on a nob intercooler 2860 kit on a 2012 pc and after 3 pulls the intake temps would climb to 220 easy. The water air seems to be a more consistent and cooler charge of air than my air to air last year, which result in more consistent tuning.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
WYO you should get a hold of Bryce at Turbo Performance

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Tried Bryce, haven't got ahold of him yet.

Carl, your showing your cards. We have been running 2871 to 3076 s with different setups to keep Temps down with out a intercooler. See with a turbo, and the right setup you don't need it.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Interesting. Never knew a larger turbo could create less lag. Seems opposite to me. Good luck with your search, I will be out riding my 1 lb of boost at engagement, intercooled, pull and go supercharger for the year, PM me if you open your mind a little.

Last edited:

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Interesting. Never knew a larger turbo could create less lag. Seems opposite to me. Good luck with your search, I will be out riding my 1 lb of boost at engagement, intercooled, pull and go supercharger for the year, PM me if you open your mind a little.

Supercharger isn't the only setup that have boost at engagement. I've seen turbos with 1-2 psi at engagement.

A.ekstrom

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2010
Scandinavia
How often do you guys ride your sled at engagement ? .. :face-icon-small-win

Fired up my TSS Turbo for the first time a few days ago. Once i get it going i´ll let you know more.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
Curious how you measure track speed with a gps gauge. ??????
Its the nextstagegauges.com gauge reflash. You can calibrate the speedo for gearing/driver changes. Among a ton of other features such as a/f ratio and boost gauges right on the factory gauge. They are sweet!

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007

When you show me something more suited for my style or give me a deal I can't refuse.

I'm open minded about it, and if you where you would understand is not about that it's about the fact I have something else in mind. Take your own advise

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I've spent years developing items to make things work, now they are proven, yes I've always had my ways that some disregard but I also have the results and facts proving that when I'm on to something it's not just a simple thought.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
First off I have to agree with these guys, I think for your riding style and where you ride the super would work the best for you WYO. You said it yourself you don't need anymore then 200hp, at 10,000+ft elevation I don't think there is anyway around turbo lag. But yeah I can understand the price point...

Clarc when did the supers go back up to $7,500? I thought they were $6,500

With that being said, for conversation sake what do you have planned WYO? Are you really thinking a big turbo? Seems a lot of guys tried to push that theory a couple years ago and now those same guys are running 2860-2863 size turbos, must be for a reason.

I personally would never run without an intercooler unless its really low boost. I am hard on the throttle, making a lot of back to back runs, or long runs occasionally. I guess if all your gonna do is short burst tree ride non intercooler with the right tunning and good fuel will prolly work fine. But that one time you make a long pull just remember you might eat a set of reeds. I guess if you building it yourself though not sure how your gonna do an intercooler.

If you go non intercooled are you gonna have a big air box, small air box, or some nice mandel bent piping right into the throttle bodies?

T

TheJett29

Dec 6, 2007
Western ND
Price of SC is $7500 plus a few add ons you should get. I would call it almost $8,000. The price hopefully will come down even as soon as next year.

badaltitude

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2010
north dakota
Fwiw i run a boondockers kit at 8.5 lbs. Big horns and cooke. Did my own headlight delete and a 3 5" snorkle. The snorkle seemed to make for quicker responce. Also did a tki belt drive and team tied. After some clutching and fuel growing pains i would say its a real solid set up. I ride tight trees and creeks and am fairly aggressive...at least in my mind lol. 2860 non intercooled.

Premium Features