• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Jealousy?!?!?

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
Jealousy, I have never really figured out why us humans turn to such a negative, regressive state of mind. I do understand that it is triggered by a “fear of loss” but should it control us and our decisions? :face-icon-small-con

I thought this might be an interesting topic. What sparked my thoughts was a recent experience. Months ago I was invited to attend a week long Revvy trip. I immediately confirmed my attendance since this would be the only affordable way for me to take my sled and ride in BC! I was stoked… The trip was set for the second week of December 2013. Capped at 10 people, 2 trucks and 2 five place trailers. Things seemed to be coming together, and the friend that invited me mentioned it was time to fully commit and pitch in for accommodations. I reiterated my confirmation. A little while later, my friend messaged me and said that some of the guys that were confirmed to go said their wives were not happy that a “girl” was going. My friend assured me that he was fighting for my spot. Long story short, I was voted off the island and don’t get to attend the ride because of jealousy! :redface:

I have one thing to say to those ladies, get your butt out there and ride with your man if you are worried about what happens on the mountain without you! It is healthy in a relationship to have different hobbies and to spend time apart! If you don’t have trust in your relationship, you should not be in it! :face-icon-small-ton

What do you ladies think? Have you ever been turned away from riding with a group because of a jealous girlfriend or wife? There are more and more of us ladies getting into this sport, and some of you are FABULOUS riders! I am secure in who I am, I do not date married men! I JUST WANT TO RIDE! :face-icon-small-coo

I do have plenty of friends who will ride with me, guys and woman, married and single! So even though I am a bit sad that I will miss out on this trip… There will be many more this year to fill that void! :face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:

dingalingman1

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 23, 2010
Western Nebraska
Hi Missy,

I think the problem is that most Wives are mad because there is someone wanting to do what there husbands have been trying to get them to do. I know I have ask and ask my wife to sled with me and the answer is always the same--NO. But I know that if we had another lady that went sledding with us she would be furious. Unless you sled, you have no Idea what it involves or the pleasure that it provides. I know my wife looks at it as "cheeting" on her, I look at it as a great weeekend sharing and enjoying a sport that I love!

Last edited:

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
Hi Missy,

I think the problem is that most Wives are mad because there is someone wanting to do what there husbands have been trying to get them to do. I know I have ask and ask my wife to sled with me and the answer is always the same--NO. But I know that if we had another lady that went sledding with us she would be furious. Unless you sled, you have no Idea what it involves or the pleasure that it provides. I know my wife looks at it as "cheeting" on her, I look at it as a great weeekend sharing and enjoying my sport.:crazy:

Sad she feels that way :face-icon-small-sho

My BFF and her husband both sled, sometimes she rides with him and sometimes she comes with me and the guys. Her and her husband do not have issues with their rides separate from each other. Which is ideal, but even if my man did something I didn't do or want to do, I would not be mad if there was a lady that chose to go with because she enjoys it!

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
When our club used to take travel trips, I would end up taking the wives out for a well-mannered ride. The other guys would then get to go ride wherever they wanted. I made sure everyone had a good time and that I didn't take them out of their riding comfort. Granted we got them stuck and hopefully they learned something, but they enjoyed a more graceful ride than trying to stay up with the guys all the time. My wife doesn't ride as much as I would like, but she likes that I will watch out and teach others regardless of gender. On our "guy" trips, we have not had any females lined up to go though, not saying it might not happen in the future, but not yet.

You'll get to ride in B.C. sometime, hang in there.

B
Apr 22, 2013
I have always been into activities primarily a man type gig. Sadly, it's been a big jealousy thing with the wifes/girlfriends, and really don't care if you are a guy or a girl. If you like the activity I like, and have something informative, or good stories then I certainly want to listen. It is too bad. IMO!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
My best friends X used to be like that.. throw a total hissy fit if she couldn't come on the boys rides( we have cabins 50 miles from the road, in an area nobody else rides), so when he did bring her(only female amongst as many as 10 guys) then she would flirt with all the other guys.. when she couldn't go all she did is acuse us of having snowbunnies waiting for us at the cabins....really got old fast.. Absolutely love taking males and females riding(especially to our cabins since we can ride all winter without seeing anyone else in prime sled country).. you ladies serious about fun riding..load them sleds up and head on up.....

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
you gals sell those sleds and get barefoot, pregnant and your butts back in the kitchen...!!!!!

you don't belong on the hill because....well because.....well....

dang it,because your always hi-marking me....

Last edited:
M
Oct 31, 2010
Bozeman MT
Jealousy is an evil word !!!! My x was always jealous but she would never go , then give me the third degree when I got home. Turns out she admitted to always being gay !!! Moral of the story? if they are jealous ,then they are probably guilty of something themselves......... I live in Bozeman on the way to Canada. You can ride with my friends and I anytime, we usually have one wife with us but she and her hubby are staying in Alaska for the winter. Always be glad to show you around Montana powder !!! sorry you got kicked off the Island, That sucks but hang in there.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
I'm dumbfounded that guys would let their friends know how whipped they are like that. Pretty sad when you can't go out with 8 other dudes and a chick and yet your wife still thinks the guy to girl ratio isn't good enough, shoot I have a girlfriend and I live in a house with 4 dudes and a girl that is not my girlfriend.

Honestly, I think having a girl along would prevent a lot of shenanigans(like going to the strip club).

1MEX

Apr 19, 2008
915 to the 801
www.wr-products.com
my wife says she is my mistress in the winter.. She knows I sled with anyone, and she don't care. She knows that i'm coming home to pay the bills so she is good with me riding with , YES, Missy... LOL.... :face-icon-small-dis :heart:

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
my wife says she is my mistress in the winter.. She knows I sled with anyone, and she don't care. She knows that i'm coming home to pay the bills so she is good with me riding with , YES, Missy... LOL.... :face-icon-small-dis :heart:

:face-icon-small-blu Awe I love riding with My little Mexican! I have learned so much from you. It is always a riot having you around! Looking forward to another great year of fun with friends! :hug:

Hanging in there
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
somewhere in South East Idaho
personally~ if i had riding buds like that they wouldn't be any more~ if ya have so called friends like that ya sure don't need enemies~ ya can find them kind of fair weather friends anywhere~

T

T.O.T.

Dec 26, 2012
Plain and simple... women are jealous of the things that they can't do even if they have no interest in doing them.

Premium Features