• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Speedwerx Supercharged M8?

L
Dec 4, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta
I am looking for some Info on the supercharger that they have for the M8 or Pro Climb. I would like to talk to some guys that own them and see what they think, good or bad. I am very interested in the system and need more info before I take the leap. I have already talked to Speedwerx, now I want to hear from the real world lol!

Jeff

rusty rider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Middle of the West
I bought some parts from a guy that rode with one in his group. Was not a positive review. I did not ask to specifically about it though. I would not even consider buying it unless I rode it my self first.

L
Dec 4, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta
That is similar to what I have been hearing.

" I know a guy that knows a guy that rode with one and so on "

according to Speedwerx's, they have sold a few kits and have happy customers. I am just looking for one of them. I believe in the concept, just wanna hear it from the horses mouth, so to speak. I would also like to see the kit in person, so if one of you guys lives in western Canada, give me a shout!

Jeff

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
That is similar to what I have been hearing.

" I know a guy that knows a guy that rode with one and so on "

according to Speedwerx's, they have sold a few kits and have happy customers. I am just looking for one of them. I believe in the concept, just wanna hear it from the horses mouth, so to speak. I would also like to see the kit in person, so if one of you guys lives in western Canada, give me a shout!

Jeff

I think the reality of it is that it doesnt work that well. . . Otherwise why wouldn't they sell a ton of them. No loss in bottom end at all and a big increase in overall hp. This would be a boondocking dream. . . if it worked as advertised. The fact they are not selling them like crazy tells me that it doesn't work as well as advertised.

I think it was dave at powderlites that was working with a company in ca. . . Can't remember the name but nothing came of that. . . Likely cause they couldn't workout the bugs in the system.

Also I have not been around speedwerx to much but I know that some of the products they sell look cheap. Pipes are thin and welds are poor. Not what we should expect for our hard earned money. Just my 2 cents.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Overpriced and underpowered.
With all the Turbo kits that are out there right now there there is no way I would choose to supercharge. After spending that kind of money. I would want more HP. Kind of a good idea, but it falls short. There is a reason that all the big 2 stroke turbo builders Haven't produced one.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
my brothers sisters fathers mothers neighbours friends bosses son says he rode in the same valley as one sled had one but the fella was parked with a campfire eating a smokie and looking forward to his twinkie...

glad I was of some help to ya...!!!

W

wje_153

Nov 20, 2008
Montana
Speedwerx Supercharger

My local cat dealer installed one on an M8 Proclimb last season and couldn't keep in running in top performance it was very finicky and hard to tune needless to say they pulled it off. No disrespect to Speedwerx I had great luck with Speedwerx products on my 10 M8 but in all reality this kit doesn't seem to be what Speedwerx hypes it up to be. If I were you I'd be looking at a CPC or BD turbo kit everyone in my area has had great luck with them on the M8.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
My local cat dealer installed one on an M8 Proclimb last season and couldn't keep in running in top performance it was very finicky and hard to tune needless to say they pulled it off. No disrespect to Speedwerx I had great luck with Speedwerx products on my 10 M8 but in all reality this kit doesn't seem to be what Speedwerx hypes it up to be. If I were you I'd be looking at a CPC or BD turbo kit everyone in my area has had great luck with them on the M8.

Scratch BD.

OVS, cutler, twisted. In that order.

L
Dec 4, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta
Thanks for the reply's guys. I am fully aware of the turbo stuff out there and all, but I am always intrieged by the new different stuff. I have been hearing about this supercharger for almost 4 years now and really would like to hear from someone who bought one. Not from someone who sells them!
I know which turbo I will be running, just liked the idea of the explosive bottom end possibilities from using a supercharger. I would also like to get some info on the quality of the stuff as well.

So far I have yet to actually talk to anyone who dished out the money for a supercharger and that is not very positive, makes all the bad things said about the setup sound pretty accurate.

If there is one of you supercharger owners out there, please chime in or pm me. Be it good or bad, I would like to hear about it.

Thanks
Jeff

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
I don't have a super charger but I could get you cozy with this gal and you could let us know if her gas gets ya the performance you desire..??

536.jpg

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
So I would take that as they are junk and I wouldn't waist your hard earned money on one. If you want more power buy a turbo kit that are already proven. Like Snowmow said if it were me I would look in this order OVS, cutler, twisted. I personally run a ovs rg tial setup on mine and love it. Runs smooth and no hiccups.

Last edited:
H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
His is based upon that because that's what he runs. If I remember right I started a thread asking what turbo kit to go with and everyone said OVS. I'm not trying to knock on the others or say theirs arnt good. I'm just saying from what everyone else said the number one pick was ovs. Now that I'm running their kit I can see why.

L
Dec 4, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta
Thanks for the input guys. But I already have full knowledge of the kits out there, as well as a pretty good time of experience with most of them. I know which kit i will go with, so no need to keep recommending you favorites!

This thread was started to get info on the supercharger kit, not on which turbo kit to use! I know that most of you feel the supercharger is a wash, but I would like to actually see and ride one for myself, then I will decide. I remember when people were saying the same of a turbo on a 2-stroke!

So that said, if there is an actual owner of a supercharger kit, pm me or something, cause now that everyone is telling me they are a pretty much a myth, I wanna see one ! LoL!

Jeff

Premium Features