• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hello from Bismarck

B
Dec 4, 2012
North Dakota
Hey everyone,

It's good to finally be a member of such a great forum. I have browsed for the last couple of days and have learned a lot. It will be my first time to the mountains this year so any advice I can get will be greatly appreciated. Hope everyone has fun and doesn't get hurt this year!

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
hey im also fairly new to the forum and last year was my first year in the mountains, also hail from ND just a little north of minot. Which mountains you goin to and what are you riding?

Hi Judger: Wishek here. I've been riding the mountains for several years, primarily West Yellowstone, but have ridden Cooke City, Bighorns, Snowies and Rabbit Ears in CO. My advice is this: be prepared to spend the night out there. By that I mean, have things like matches, extra clothing, extra food, minor first aid supplies, extra fuel and a way to get a broken down sled out if needed. Stay away from steep inclines because, even if you don't attempt to climb it, simply by riding by, the echo and vibrations caused by your sled can trigger an avalanche and you can become an innocent victim pretty easily. Don't venture farther than your comfort zone lets you, however the best part of mountain riding is discovering untracked powder, and that's worth a little risk! And expect to become spoiled after riding in the mountains. The scenery is phenomenal and snow quality just can't be equalled in North Dakota! Have fun. Check out www.buddytow.com to help with the 'get a broken down sled out" part of my comments.

xc_rider08

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Mandan, ND
Hey everyone,

It's good to finally be a member of such a great forum. I have browsed for the last couple of days and have learned a lot. It will be my first time to the mountains this year so any advice I can get will be greatly appreciated. Hope everyone has fun and doesn't get hurt this year!

welcome!

from mandan here also. you should look at joining the local sled club in bismarck. meet new people and friends to go on trips with we meet ever 2nd and 4th tuesday of the month at the bismarck amvets club.

www.roughridersnow.com or on facebook at www.facebook.com/RoughRiderSnowmobileAssociationInc

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Welcome to the forum!! Fellow Bismarck boy here and Rough Rider Snowmobile Club member as well.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Premium Features