• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo M-series with single throttle body

E
Jan 20, 2009
Finland
Has anyone done this?

I'm thinking about to dump all those heavy parts hanging on intake boots.

Aluminium Y-pipe straight bolted to engine and 60-70mm throttle body bolted to it. Then silicone curve to connect charge tube.

So no cracking intake boots. No air box. Much shorter charge tube.

Opinions?
Any reasons why not?

K

kingkat1150

Jan 27, 2010
belgrade mt
intake

That is my set up Ive been working on and I'm just waiting for my first batch to be machined. That is a 1000 in a sno pro chassis but I have both 800 and 1000 intakes .

Cheers

K

kingkat1150

Jan 27, 2010
belgrade mt
intake

I will post more on them when they show up. I have been in contact with the machinist and he said they are coming along but Ive herd that already. I hope to get them soon as Ive already lost some sales because of the wait. The next batch will most likely be done by someone eles. I am putting one on an M7 this week and hope to fire it by Friday so I will get pic posted as soon as its ready. I have a few 7&800s and 1000s on the way.

Cheers:face-icon-small-hap

R

realbass

Feb 3, 2009
Russia, Krasnoyarsk
Yes, but that throttle body is located before turbo. TBBT kit.
Not like that picture shows.

ff3ea12731d9.jpg

TBBT Push turbo setup.

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
I will post more on them when they show up. I have been in contact with the machinist and he said they are coming along but Ive herd that already. I hope to get them soon as Ive already lost some sales because of the wait. The next batch will most likely be done by someone eles. I am putting one on an M7 this week and hope to fire it by Friday so I will get pic posted as soon as its ready. I have a few 7&800s and 1000s on the way.

Cheers:face-icon-small-hap

It looks great. How big of a TB bore are you incorporating in that casting? Have you run one to see if the part throttle fuel flows are happy? I assume you have a spot the mount the Cat TPS?

Again looks very cool!

K

kingkat1150

Jan 27, 2010
belgrade mt
intake

I made it a 68mm TB and yes it is all set up to install the TPS. I am running mine on a 1000 but I have some other things on it to i'm not showing people until its ready. I hope to have the m7 running by Friday 3/16/12 and I will post my findings. I am having great results with the 1000 but other things are needing worked out.

Cheers
:face-icon-small-hap

C

cadmo

Jan 25, 2009
Calgary, Alberta, canada
looking for a update, does anyone have a ride report on using a single throttle body?

also anyone with a throttle body before turbo like the Push kit

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
i rode ken hunter 800 proclimb TBBT in cooke city while we were tuning elevation on our standalone ECU(with HM turbos polaris 800cc,600cc). i rode the sled for about 15 minutes at 10 lbs. power was very linear and good throttle response, he had a dobeck fuel controller so there was a few hickup here and there......but overall, great running turbo kit.....Can wait to have our new arctic cat ECU installed on that turbo kit!! after enjoting for 15 minutes what i liked the most was the the very linear power. would buy one anytime, and i have to admit, his machinist does a great job!!

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
Any more happen with this?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Whimp

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2012
Laurel Montana
set up

In the past on carb machines they would install the power jet before the turbo like this to get better fuel atomization....

I not sure this is really a benefit with the new EFI and such.....

One advantage I can see is eliminating leaky throttle bodies....

My cat throttle bodies have been surprising good but I have seen a few leak....

No need for a bov.....

A few questions.....

How responsive is this set up?

The reason I ask is because of the space between the engine and the throttle body and putting a turbo between the two..... When you cut the throttle you still have alot of air that is full of fuel.... The throttle body will definelty cut the flow of air but your engine is still sucking in this mixture...

Are you able to keep each cylinder tuned correctly with this set up?

interesting set up... Id like to see one run.....

Premium Features