• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Water to air intercooler......... Closed loop

E

everytime5.9

Jan 23, 2009
IDAHO
Whats everyone's opinion on the straight flow barrel design vs change in direction flow intercoolers?

R
Dec 22, 2007
Alberta
From Whitecourt. Just got back from picking up my new to me sled 09 1200 skidoo 163 low boost turbo from US got it for 7500 and in premium shape just need a primary for it he blew the tra to shreds. Looking to buy a supreme tool.

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
From Whitecourt. Just got back from picking up my new to me sled 09 1200 skidoo 163 low boost turbo from US got it for 7500 and in premium shape just need a primary for it he blew the tra to shreds. Looking to buy a supreme tool.

Nice. Get a hold of rotax kid on here. He I a good buddy mine who spent all year working on clutching set ups for the low boost 1200 doo. His name is Geoff. Pm me if you want and I can send you his real contact info. He has a ton of great skidoo info

Everytime. I think both style coolers work well. The smaller barrel type do not seem to be as efficient as the larger ones these guys are using. The charge tube lengths end up being about the same with either style and they both works so it just depends on how you wan to mount it.

J
Dec 3, 2007
Boyco's ic fill is awesome. Did you weld that in? Where did you get the parts? This looks much better than my separate degass bottle.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Anyone know how much weight they have added with the water to air over the air to air system. Not that it is a huge deal for the gain that can be had just wondering?

R
Dec 22, 2007
Alberta
Anyone know how much weight they have added with the water to air over the air to air system. Not that it is a huge deal for the gain that can be had just wondering?
Depends mine is about 6lbs and could shave off 1.5 lbs by shaving intercooler down. I have a large cooler also the system holds 2.5liters of coolant.

E

everytime5.9

Jan 23, 2009
IDAHO
I have one of the larger barrel coolers. It weighs 8lbs empty by itself. I'll post back when i have the water pump and fittings etc when its "ready to ride"...

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
With the system filled up I think my sled fatten up by about 15to20lbs.

Tuning is a little differant... there is not as much temp rise in the charge but there is a delay as the intercooler water temp rises and peeks. I can see as the A/F numbers get fat on a pull. It is not much, about .4 on the o2 gauge at 13psi @ 8000 feet. I might need a bigger cooler in the tunnel (add 5 more pounds ) Can't wait to test it more next year

Last edited:
S
Dec 11, 2007
Luleå, Sweden
Water to air IC is perfect mountain riding!! Works real good.

I`m getting a new sled for next year so my frozen boost system is for sale, complete with everything..! Electric pump, hoses, alupipes, clamps, frozen boost water to air IC, cooler in tunnel.. Separate water system.

32296200.jpg

G
Apr 23, 2008
I wonder if the guy at frozen boost realizes HOW WELL his products work in the sled market !!!

My buddy Curtis Emery even has them on his Duramax pulling truck at 100 psi boost...His Bell cores kept splitting !!! LMAO ~~~~ splitting !!

I love how cost effective they are.. under 400 bux and your show quality and KILLER effective..

Good stuff.

Gus

Ken Climb

Premium Member
Trying to design a water cooler for my m8.
Curious as to what kind of heat exchanger you guy's are using and where you are putting the lines through to get to under the tunnel.
I was thinking of drilling a coupe holes for my water lines right beside the bottom of steering post .
One on each side of the steering post, just in front od the coil looking things.
was thinking of getting a custom heat exchanger built out of u-cooler material.
and installing it near the front of the tunnel, maybe 6" back with the spouts facing forward pointing to where my holes will be.

Any suggestion's would be greatly appreciated!:thumb:

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Best way i think is to run polaris edge rails to the rear and install a cooler in the rear

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Had Chad at CR design in a cooler below stock front exchanger with tubes that go in at bottom of bulkhead facing forward, just dropped engine in a few days ago and the hoses clear all critical components and come up under engine below the throttle bodies. Am going to use the Bosch pump with a barrel style intercooler and am thinking of running straight Alcohol for coolant instead of anti-freeze, as it absorbs heat better than anything I can think of, BTW if I lose an uphill race I can drain the system and drown my sorrows.

R
Dec 22, 2007
Alberta
Had Chad at CR design in a cooler below stock front exchanger with tubes that go in at bottom of bulkhead facing forward, just dropped engine in a few days ago and the hoses clear all critical components and come up under engine below the throttle bodies. Am going to use the Bosch pump with a barrel style intercooler and am thinking of running straight Alcohol for coolant instead of anti-freeze, as it absorbs heat better than anything I can think of, BTW if I lose an uphill race I can drain the system and drown my sorrows.
You should try a Jabsco water pump 12v Mag drive 1/4 size of the Bosch and only draws 1.5 amps. They work very well i have run one for 2 years now flawless and more than enough flow like 12l per min and my system has 3l and keeps charge tube 40f more exchanger with a small exchanger under front of tunnel.Jabsco 12V Mag Drive Hot Fluid Pump Part No.: 59510-0012 from ABS Alaskan. And i never thought of methanol it is lighter than antifreeze also.

Last edited:
K

kingkat1150

Jan 27, 2010
belgrade mt
tunnel cooler and pump.

Just my 2 cents worth but I used a tunnel cooler from a snopro 500 and I made a billet water pump that goes between the engine and oil pump. no power draw and really moves the coolant, I may need to put a orifice in to slow the coolant down some to get more exchange.

rusty rider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Middle of the West
Just my 2 cents worth but I used a tunnel cooler from a snopro 500 and I made a billet water pump that goes between the engine and oil pump. no power draw and really moves the coolant, I may need to put a orifice in to slow the coolant down some to get more exchange.

can you post a few pics of this setup? really would like to see the water pump/ tunnel cooler too.

Premium Features