• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Here she is boys......

M

mstein86

Apr 9, 2010
Lonsdale, MN
First off I want to personally thank Z-Man, Guidoxpress, Compfusion and FatBoyzfrenchy. Thanks for the awesome parts and great advice. It's done just in time for summer. :face-icon-small-ton

I bought the sled wrecked really cheap and did a full restoration on it. I'm looking for a different hood though, red seat and blue hood= UGLY :face-icon-small-con

13453.jpg 13453c.jpg IMG_0222.jpg IMG_0258.jpg IMG_0271.jpg IMG_0272.jpg IMG_0277.jpg

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Great job..

Paint the hood...

Take it to the local Maaco or other cheap chain paint shop and have it repainted.

One word of caution...Often it costs more to ship a used hood than to buy it.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Install blue seat that is sitting behind the sled.

M

mstein86

Apr 9, 2010
Lonsdale, MN
Great job..

Paint the hood...

Take it to the local Maaco or other cheap chain paint shop and have it repainted.

One word of caution...Often it costs more to ship a used hood than to buy it.

I know that's why its taking so long to get one. On ebay they want $180 to ship a $150 hood. :nono:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
looks awesome man, glad to see that tunnel went to someone with some serious dedication!!!

i have a buddy that has a blue/silver seat for sale cheap also, lol...so you can have to twin sleds, lol.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
I don't like blue but I'm building a second one and that will be blue.

Skisucca has a black hood for sale. Hey, I like Blue, I have a red 900 and blue 900 too.
I'd hate to see you paint that 50th anniversary hood that still has the emblems on it. Those are getting hard to find. I'd trade you and have two blue sleds but I already got a custom seat cover to match the red hood on my second sled.

Last edited:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I'd hate to see you paint that 50th anniversary hood that still has the emblems on it. Those are getting hard to find.

I agree personally. There are tens of thousands of Red IQ sleds out there... the Blue ones are indeed rare... The blue really separates these sleds from the rest of the crowd IMO. I don't mind the Red sleds, but Polaris sure has beaten the Red color scheme to death the last 10 years.

Either way, nice job on the rebuild, she is looking great!:beer;

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I agree personally. There are tens of thousands of Red IQ sleds out there... the Blue ones are indeed rare... The blue really separates these sleds from the rest of the crowd IMO. I don't mind the Red sleds, but Polaris sure has beaten the Red color scheme to death the last 10 years.

X2 or 3 or whatever it is. I've always liked red but I think in this case, it would be cheaper to replace/re-cover(??) the seat. Unless you really just don't like the blue.

S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
Sean I think you could sell snow to an eskimo.lol :face-icon-small-ton

I'm an Inuit(eskimo) from northern Canada, Little town called Kugluktuk, Nunavut, any idea how much he was asking for pow and how much volume? LOL. Still have lots of snow up north here and another month before it starts to melt, just wanted to see what powder snow is like thats why.

I agree with the bold.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Sean I think you could sell snow to an eskimo.lol :face-icon-small-ton

LMFAO!! i dont know if thats good or bad...just glad i dont have a rep like a used car salesman...or the government ;)

you could always go with the skinz gripper seat covers if you want black..$188 from this guy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Skinz-SPG-S...wmobile_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c0e8c1635

I'm an Inuit(eskimo) from northern Canada, Little town called Kugluktuk, Nunavut, any idea how much he was asking for pow and how much volume? LOL. Still have lots of snow up north here and another month before it starts to melt, just wanted to see what powder snow is like thats why.
I agree with the bold.

LOL!!

send me an offer and ill ship you some slightly used POW, HAHAHA!!

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
I don't mind the Red sleds, but Polaris sure has beaten the Red color scheme to death the last 10 years.

You know, I'm kind of a traditionalist and if I remember correctly, the colours went as follows : Yellow for Ski Doo, blue for Yamaha, green for Arctic Cat, and RED for Polaris. Personally, I love the red and wish Polaris sticks with tradition.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
You know, I'm kind of a traditionalist and if I remember correctly, the colours went as follows : Yellow for Ski Doo, blue for Yamaha, green for Arctic Cat, and RED for Polaris. Personally, I love the red and wish Polaris sticks with tradition.

Incorrect, Polaris traditional colors were blue, white and red.

Polaris%20TX%20795%202+1.jpg

3425.jpg

Last edited:

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Oops !! I feel like an idiot. I always thought Polaris was the "red" crowd. Now I feel like I don't deserve to be in this section of the forums.:embarassed:

LOL, They are Red now. I was trying to figure out when the first red Polaris came out, possibly when they made the Indy's?

S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
LOL, They are Red now. I was trying to figure out when the first red Polaris came out, possibly when they made the Indy's?

First red one I can remember was the Indy 440. Cannot remember if there was any before that.

EDIT-Sorry, my mistake. It was the Indy 400 I was thinking about. Think late 80's early 90's.

Last edited:

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
I think around 78, Anyways, back on topic. I will keep my eyes open for any deals on Red hoods for you. I would be tempted to trade you my red for your blue but I already bought a red seat cover and I have a bunch of stuff powder coated red already on the second sled.

Premium Features