• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

OVS 14LB TURBO NO RACE GAS NEEDED!!!!!!!!!

P

Pure Logic Tuning

Dec 3, 2007
www.purelogictuning.com
There is no weight gain on the propane turbo over the standard turbo kit. The stock tank with eleven gallons of race gas weighed 94lbs. The propane tank with twelve gallons weighed 80lbs. The mixer and the converter is a wash considering that with propane no extra injectors, stock fuel pump, no fuel regulator or secondary fuel pumps are needed. The M-1000 will be tested and kits will be available if Cat decides to keep building them in 2012. There will be some M-1000 and M-1200 tested this next winter and if testing goes as well as the 800 a limited number of kits will be produced on a order bases only.

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
looks pretty cool guys, good job. have you tested at all over 14 lbs? are you using your new tial set up with this as well? would this kit running 14 lbs be about the same as a race kit at 11-12 lbs? I know on the 4 stoke propanes you have to run a couple more pounds of boost to equal the power of a race gas kit.
Trevor

P

Pure Logic Tuning

Dec 3, 2007
www.purelogictuning.com
The kit has been run at tested at 16lbs of boost and had no problems. Boost levels this high are being tested as we speak with a intercooler. The basic kit is recommended for 12-14 pounds of boost after that a intercooler and larger mixer will be needed. The 2-stroke runs the same as a race gas kit no need to run higher boost levels than a race gas kit. The videos of the 2-stroke against the 4-stroke will be on u-tube today. The 4-stroke is running 20lbs of boost and the M-8 is running 14lbs of boost. Yes the test sled is running the tial set-up.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I rember shooting PM's back and forth with brad a season ago about propane 2 strokes, and having issues with turning pistons into molten balls, to much heat in the motor. Obvisouly I imagine you dont just want to be throwing all your hard learned info out there for others to copy, just curious what is being done to combat these sort of things.

also, are yall just running impco parts(mixer etc) with custom machined covers and such on em?

P

Pure Logic Tuning

Dec 3, 2007
www.purelogictuning.com
We have changed and done alot of home work to not have the same problems that Brad had with the two-strokes. There were alot of things when propane was being tested alot of years ago that would not let it work on the two-strokes. We have figured out why the system was failing when Brad was running propane on the two-strokes. We corrected the problems and have 500 plus miles on the M-8with hundreds of long pulls with no molten balls for pistons.

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
We have changed and done alot of home work to not have the same problems that Brad had with the two-strokes. There were alot of things when propane was being tested alot of years ago that would not let it work on the two-strokes. We have figured out why the system was failing when Brad was running propane on the two-strokes. We corrected the problems and have 500 plus miles on the M-8with hundreds of long pulls with no molten balls for pistons.
I figured like anything, could be made to work, just took some time and some homework. And it seemed like his were pretty much instant failures when boost rolled on, so seems like if you got that kinda milage out of em they should be pretty designed. I would be really curious to see them run in person.

R
Aug 30, 2008

I will believe it WHEN I see it!!!

P

Pure Logic Tuning

Dec 3, 2007
www.purelogictuning.com
Yes the kit will run at sea level. We have started a order list already a lot of are customers are not waiting for the bids for the seat and tanks to come in so we can post the pricing. This turbo kit has had the he!! kicked out of it up and down the hill full throttle for 400 of it's miles since becoming a propane turbo. The other 106 miles have been under normal trail riding.

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
I know you were just joking but for anyone who was thinking that, It looks to me like it runs pretty true. I put about 1000 miles on my ovs m8 turbo this year riding with a propane nytro and propane apex the whole time. And at those boost levels and snow conditions I would expect a close race. judging from where mine was at 12 lbs vs the yamis I ride with at 20 to 22

Is that Nytro at full throttle? :)

Looks impressive.

Last edited:
Premium Features