• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any one buy a push turbo yet

S

summit-x

Mar 3, 2008
Central,ND
Call Jeff at Dakota Performance he has some time on one and they have had a few on a Dyno in Belgrade MT. He is also a dealer for Push. 701-452-4212 I have personally seen a few installed and they look like a nice kit, there will be one on my sled sometime this winter also.. I was told 270hp at 13.8lbs at 5,000ft...

This was on an 09 M8 and I believe it had a prototype closed loop fuel controller as well.

yes call jeff from wishik north dakota. he does fantastic work, he built my dad cutler 1000 sled rips.

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
The Turbo 2-stroke world is growing fast, and there are some great kits out there!! I can personally vouch for Twisted and Cutler kits, both work extremely well. Would be nice to have a Turbo 2-stroke shootout with all the manufacturers at 1 place to compare (and I don't mean drag racing, we get that at Revy and Fairview).....

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Can we just get all the posts deleted that aren't related to Push turbos?

B
Jan 21, 2008
Anyone worried about the oil cooler being mounted to the bottom of the belly pan? Seems at least a little vulnerable to a rock punching a hole in it or ripping it off. Is an oil cooler really needed? I can't believe that some of the other kits wouldn't have one if it was at all necessary.

i too am very interested in the kit and how they run but also wondered about the oil cooling, looks very vulnerable.

M

minecat

Nov 27, 2007
Winnemucca, Nevada
i too am very interested in the kit and how they run but also wondered about the oil cooling, looks very vulnerable.

I spoke with Ken at the SLC show and he said that if I were to damage the oil cooler with out signifacly damaging the sled he would replace at no cost to me. So he must be pretty confident in this system.

A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK

I thought the same; I wonder if it would be possible to run a disconnect that loops the turbo-oil supply and can isolate the cooler. The turbo would be susceptible to heating but most kit are anyway so you may lose a but of power on long runs but, hey you'd still be riding...

That said the Push is a Beautiful design/build I love the notion of using the turbo support as an oil line, brilliant! His focus on light weight and fast spooling are on the money, both are key and most builders ignore them, well not ignore them, but don't make a point of addressing them like he does, well done Ken!

R
Aug 30, 2008
The Turbo 2-stroke world is growing fast, and there are some great kits out there!! I can personally vouch for Twisted and Cutler kits, both work extremely well. Would be nice to have a Turbo 2-stroke shootout with all the manufacturers at 1 place to compare (and I don't mean drag racing, we get that at Revy and Fairview).....

That would be Sweet!!! I just hope product tester shows up! I want to see how my littlle ole' M7 stacks up against that D8 that supposed to put out huge HP with Zero lag...or that M8 @ 4.5 #'s of boost.

Should certainly be interesting.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Cranbrook B.C.
That would be Sweet!!! I just hope product tester shows up! I want to see how my littlle ole' M7 stacks up against that D8 that supposed to put out huge HP with Zero lag...or that M8 @ 4.5 #'s of boost.

Should certainly be interesting.

don't you have anything better to do then go from thread to thread try'n to pick a fight with product tester?

perhaps there is more to the story, but it is getting kinda old, don't you think?

R
Aug 30, 2008
don't you have anything better to do then go from thread to thread try'n to pick a fight with product tester?

perhaps there is more to the story, but it is getting kinda old, don't you think?

Perhaps your right...I will quite picking on good ol' product tester...

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
Radski just wants to race he just has trouble typing with out thinking,:D
the snow is comming we will get to run soon enough you better get that push done Kevin so we can see how it stacks up.

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
A comparison would be great. Race gas vs race gas. Pump gas vs. pump gas. Same boost levels. Would love to see that. Push, Twisted, BD, Sibler, OVS and any others would be killer.

Sam

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
Im down with that lets get eveyone that wants to compair and go do it...
I can even get a raidar gun.
what was the date in cooke city jan 10 I think

F

firecatguy

Nov 26, 2007
End of the Road!!
Haydays2009002.jpg

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
So, is the oil cooler really necessary? Why do none of the other kits use one?

Premium Features