• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2 strokes complete standalone ecu for t-m8 and t-m1000

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
will go on a join venture with a major turbo kit builder for the artic cat sled from Utha, will start the first t-m1000 in two weeks from now. will get back to you(interested people) by this thread regularly.

thanks to the 50 or more email and pm's received.

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
let's comment on this thread if you are a cat's driver !!! the link was posted in the polaris turbo section.......so let's me ear about what you think here on this thread.....you might review the link first and come back for comments. from now on i will post on both artic cat turbo and polaris turbo section.

thanks and keep questions and comments coming :)

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Very interested in this system, do a lot of work on Cat turbos and all my customers keep asking me when this type of system will be available. Put me down for at least 10 of these units if they work properly. This system will need to incorporate the electronic reverse feature these sleds have and guys with 07 and 08 Cats would benefit greatly from this.

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
Very interested in this system, do a lot of work on Cat turbos and all my customers keep asking me when this type of system will be available. Put me down for at least 10 of these units if they work properly. This system will need to incorporate the electronic reverse feature these sleds have and guys with 07 and 08 Cats would benefit greatly from this.

PM'ED ya !

J

Jammmin

Dec 3, 2007
Puyallup
You gotta tell us more

Is it a true stand alone - plug and play with no delay??

I would buy a half dozen or so if that is the case.

You need to post video and pics - get some of these out to some dealers also.

Price?

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
You gotta tell us more

Is it a true stand alone - plug and play with no delay??

I would buy a half dozen or so if that is the case.

You need to post video and pics - get some of these out to some dealers also.

Price?

yes it is a true marine grade standalone plug and play....uses same sensors and wiring harness as stocker!!many option can be added.... but for now i will lunch the product plug and play mid to end of january for the m1000 and m8 will be next a month or so after. the on dyno tuning is almost done and will start to field test during the christmas holiday(it is to fine tune only...95% of the tuning is already done on the engine dyno.) keep looking for more info/pics/videos soon! i want to say to everyone that it is not an urban legend this time......it WILL be for real this time(it is all done as we speak....fine tuning for about 2 hours left and that is it!) as of today,at 14lbs we are at a lot more than 300 hp :D.........don't ask more since i won't tell!(marketing purposes!!!!)
few pics of the turbo m1000 engine on the engine dyno.
photo1.jpg
[/IMG]
photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

i have received a lot of private messages and emails and i'm very busy these days......so i will try to contact each of you guys as fast as i can. keep questions infos coming i will reply to each of you guys even if it is a bit long some time.

R

RideGuy

Jan 28, 2005
B.C.
Testing Results

How was the field testing? What is the latest with the stand alone?

T

twsandrew

Nov 26, 2007
So is this a closed loop fuel system for the Cat or just a stand alone ECU?

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
So is this a closed loop fuel system for the Cat or just a stand alone ECU?
well,maybe we do not have the same defenition of a standalone ecu!!! a 100% closed loop is not recommended at all since you rely on a sensor to adjust efi and the reading can be wrong if defective then scrap your motor. what we are doing is a closed loop up to sensing boost then compensation table take over built on the standalone ecu(on engine dyno and field testing).....like in the car industry. pm me for more infos.

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
we are sending prototype ecu back to manufacturer so they can adjust a few parameters, will have full production ecu starting in 3 weeks.....keep looking! :)

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
full standalone ecu is very sweet.
Their are different things you can do to use a auto tune. say if the parameters get out of a certain range from previous map it goes back to that previous or base map that you set.
Or you could have it say log with auto tune a suggested map change and then you look over the map yourself and choose to accept the map or delete a few parameters of the suggested map change that you believe are faulty. The only auto tune that i have used was the style that it made up a suggested map change and you clicked to accept it or not and could delete some of the suggested changes if you wanted. Worked out pretty good and was way quicker and better then going over all your datalogs watching rpm, tps, and boost yourself and makeing informed guesses at what it should be.

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IMO, i would pop the clutch on too much hype......get it on the snow, in several sleds, get 500 or more real mtn miles

i completely gree with that i guess what makes this better than piggybacking the stock system

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
i completely gree with that i guess what makes this better than piggybacking the stock system

are you asking what makes this better then a piggy back fuel system.....well, allow me to LMFAO!!!;)

standalone - everything is either a input or an output wired to a ECU (if you will)....this ECU (if you will) optimizes performance and you simply do nothing but ride, like a stock sled:beer;

piggy back - the only input for a piggy back fuel controller is a boost pressure signal or PSI....these fuel controllers only change fuel to your injectors in respect to this boost pressure and whatever numbers you have punched in the fuel box......so a truly optimal machine would need all the basic inputs to map fuel.....ie: 02, baro pressure, RPM, ect

Premium Features