• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"SNEEK PREVIEW" Silbers M8 Turbo Kits

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
"SNEEK PREVIEW" Silbers M8 Turbo Kits NEW PICTURES

Here is a look at the new m8 turbo kits Silber is going to be releasing this winter. Very, very trick setup, and as always a Great Price to follow.
Enjoy.
Justin Silbernagel

m8t.jpg m8t2.jpg m8t3.jpg m8t4.jpg

Last edited:
J
Dec 3, 2007
Looks very nice. Silber is doing the center turbo mount on the cats and Twisted is doing it on the Poo's, what a crazy paradigm shift!

My observations / questions

Looks like a VERY short charge tube (good or bad is to be debated, but this is definitely the shortest I've seen)

I wonder what all the bends in the stinger of the pipe do?

Did this run last season?

What upgrades to the fuel system are done?

I'm curious what would happen if you put a scale under each ski? The motor / clutches are offset to the left side of the machine already, then if you put a turbo in the center and delete the silencer, well as I type it, I realize it cant be any different than just putting a can on it? To me, mass centralization is cool, but balance and a properly tuned exhaust are cooler.

I'm not saying this isn't balanced, or that the pipe is hosed, I'm just curious as to what the effects are and interested to see what Silbers experience has been. PLEASE do not take this as bashing, and please don't mess up this thread like every other turbo thread. This design has got me thinking and I'm sure Silber has thought about it a lot more than me, so I'm asking the questions, that all!

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Way to much time and though into this new design. It will retain the oil injection, we have custom tanks on order that will be mouted in the nose of the sled.
Also the long stinger is a benefit, exhaust gas builds velocity when it flows through a smaller pipe, which in returns spools the turbo up fast, also it come with 3" exhaust off the turbo with the muffler which will be standard on all kits.
Fuel upgrades include a rising rate regulator intank.
I will be posting more pictures, just thought I would let people see what we are creating.
Keep following up, as I will be updating the post with pictures and information.
Price for a complete turbo kit is going to be around $3500 (could change up or down).
Thanks
Justin Silbernagel

D

Dano702

Dec 15, 2007
Sin City
Looks good , you beat me to it . There will be a few people using ideas from Shain this year. All of this innovation makes the sport better for all of us . I like how the heat from the pipe is a long ways from the cold side.

Nice work Justin , now lets see your PG M1000 .:beer;

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
Looks good , you beat me to it . There will be a few people using ideas from Shain this year. All of this innovation makes the sport better for all of us . I like how the heat from the pipe is a long ways from the cold side.

Nice work Justin , now lets see your PG M1000 .:beer;

I highly doubt they seen Shains polaris and quickly ran back to the shop and build one this quick for an arctic cat.... give Justin the credit where it is due. oh and I think you got a little something on your nose:rolleyes:

Last edited:
D

Dano702

Dec 15, 2007
Sin City
I highly doubt they seen Shains polaris and quickly ran back to the shop and build one this quick for an arctic cat....I think you got a little something on your nose:rolleyes:

That is what i did , and now BD is touting a short charge tube on there PG M1000 . I make no excuses for stealing his ideas , and just to be clear i never said that is what Justin did .

I will steal ideas every where i can , unless you have a Patent #.

P

product tester

Nov 27, 2007
Justin great job Iam building one just like it . so dont think I copied ya when ya see it . btw the short charge tube thing does work!!!!!!!!!!

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Justin great job Iam building one just like it . so dont think I copied ya when ya see it . btw the short charge tube thing does work!!!!!!!!!!

What you copy CAT. Just kidding, iam sure your new design will be sweet.

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Shain,

You are building something like this for the M-sleds? If so, when will it be ready?

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Price for a complete turbo kit is going to be around $3500 (could change up or down).
Thanks
Justin Silbernagel[/QUOTE]

is that for 2871 or a 2860??

S

Silber

Nov 26, 2007
Thanks
Justin Silbernagel

is that for 2871 or a 2860??[/QUOTE]

Thats for the largest 2860, they seem to work good, you can always upgrade the turbo to a 2871 if you wanted to.

Premium Features