• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Has this happened to you?

E
Dec 8, 2008
Chelan area
On my 99 Summit 670 last year the bolt that bolts the front of the rear suspension on right by you feet Shook enough it broke the aluminum mount. And It just happened again today. We made a bracket for it last year and drilled another hole for support so theres two support bolts holding the suspension. Were making another bracket (1/4" steel) as we speak but was just curious if this has happened to anyone. The picture explains, I would have taken a pic of the bracket but we took it off the other side to make a duplicate.

PICT0500.jpg

PICT0499.jpg

N

nathaniel11

Sep 26, 2003
Marshall, Mn
had that happen but wasnt that bolt it was the bolt in the middle of the tunnel. I wish i had pictures to show. It happend once before so we made a plate to thicken it up but it did the same thing last year

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Check you front shock in your rear skid to make sure it does not have water in it and is hydrolocking. That will do that, and bend the upper and lower cross shaft that it mounts to. The other cause is if your upper cross shaft, the one that the bolts pulled through the tunnel, if that is bent and not turn inside the outer pipe, it will bind up and turn the bolt heads and auger them right through the tunnel. Just plate it and go...but checkout your skid so it doesn't happen again.

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
Bracket

Thinner material that is larger with several rivets will spread the load over a bigger section and prevent single point failure.

Premium Features