• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EVO/WKM 2 ProClimb 800 Turbo - It Lives!

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
We were very much looking forward to having this kit available before there is snow. Shoulda started earlier!!! Loosing business. Hurry up!

Thankfully for all of the people patiently waiting, money doesn't drive the project, perfection does. We could have released the 1100 turbo kits a full winter before we did but chose not to. Getting it right was top priority, and still is, the way we approach any project. Rushing a turbo kit to market not to our standard is a good way to ruin a perfectly good reputation we have spend a lot of time and effort building.
We thank all the potential customers that have faith in Evo and us to build a world class kit. Not everyone is that patient and we understand.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Quality is worth waiting for...

I will be interested in this kit when it comes out for production, but I know that neither Evolution Powersports nor WKM will release it until it has been tested extensively and proven. Speaking from experience (I own an 1100T with Big Chute kit and other goodies), the end result will be worth waiting for, and likely a zero tuning pull and go product, as the rest of the EVO products I've purchased. Good things come to those who wait...

4mcntrls

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
Drayton Valley Alberta
But I am so impatient!! I can't wait for some EVO boost to power my 800. The EVO products for the 1100T rock. I am sure the 2 stroke kit will be the same.

I will be interested in this kit when it comes out for production, but I know that neither Evolution Powersports nor WKM will release it until it has been tested extensively and proven. Speaking from experience (I own an 1100T with Big Chute kit and other goodies), the end result will be worth waiting for, and likely a zero tuning pull and go product, as the rest of the EVO products I've purchased. Good things come to those who wait...

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
It lives, you just can't see it.

Kinda like elvis.

M
Dec 4, 2007
Red Deer, Alberta
Heard through the grapevine, they gave up for now. Too many projects on the go and they were unable to get their Hybrid ECU to actually run on a real sled. So saying it lives was actually an exaggeration, to say the least!

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Heard through the grapevine, they gave up for now. Too many projects on the go and they were unable to get their Hybrid ECU to actually run on a real sled. So saying it lives was actually an exaggeration, to say the least!

I'm sure I posted somewhere else on this, maybe the 2s section as I rarely come in here. Well some of the above is true. Gave up is not really a correct explanation, back burnered for projects deemed more important would be more accurate. There was no hybrid ECU, it is a separate stand alone that works with the stock ECU, and it did run on the project sled. The emergence of the 7000/viper and the turbo kit development for it took priority. Evo has a lot of time in tuning development of the Yami motor before they even started the 1100 tuning projects 4 years ago. Having that already in the bag it was a no brainer to do a kit, and no question economics play a part of that. The market for a kit for the YamiCat is in it's infancy and could not be ignored. The M8 project was shelved indefinitely as of the end of last winter.

Premium Features