• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWEST: How to Selectively DISABLE some of the new features.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Invariably there are always a few people who simply hate every change, whether good, bad or indifferent.

So, in keeping with our desire to satisfy everyone as often as we can, last night we installed a few NEW controls in your USER-CP menu.

On the top black menu bar on the far left is a link that says "USER-CP". Click on that and a menu will appear. Scroll down through the menu till you find FORUM OPTIONS

A LONG page will appear filled with user selectable options for how your SnoWest forums work for you.

Scroll all the way to the bottom and you will find the new controls.

User Customizations
Shout Box
Experience System

If you decide you do not want to be bothered with any of these, simply CHECK the check-box, and the feature will VANISH from your screen.

Now THAT feature, I like. Except that the instructions are wrong.

You're correct that you will need to UNCHECK the box if you don't want to see user customizations.

But, if you don't like the new Shout Box or Experience System, you'll need to CHECK THE BOXES to "Disable Shout Box" and "Disable Experience System".

Yeah. It's a little nitpicky. But things like inconsistancy from one one function to the next, and poorly written instructions bug me.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Now THAT feature, I like. Except that the instructions are wrong.

You're correct that you will need to UNCHECK the box if you don't want to see user customizations.

But, if you don't like the new Shout Box or Experience System, you'll need to CHECK THE BOXES to "Disable Shout Box" and "Disable Experience System".

Yeah. It's a little nitpicky. But things like inconsistancy from one one function to the next, and poorly written instructions bug me.
THANKS for catching that,.
Your 100% correct!

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
what's with the obnoxious colors in teh name? can i turn that off too?

power trip or something?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
General Members will be BLACK.
Moderators will be RED
Super Moderators will be BRIGHT RED
Admins will be GOLD.

Chief

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
SL,UT
Soccerd6 says to "thank gawd!!!"...

But I think I'll just thank Christopher..

Sir, thank you..

Chief

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
If I could just convince people to have a little bit of faith and give me TIME to get everything working.

I REALLY think most will like the end result.

I am with you there.....

People are quick to freak out with changes............ I am sure a lot of the stuff will be nice once the masses get used to it.

Still, people like to *****!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Pretty Much.
Once the dust settles and the SNOW BEGINS TO FLY I am sure things will settle down here just fine!

undergroundrmk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Craig, Colorado
Turned off the shout box last night it worked but today it is back on is there a glitch? Sorry but I keep hitting it when scrolling on new pages. It is a cool feature I guess for the ones who like it! LOL FIXED IT WHILE I WAS TYPING!!! Thanks Jim

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
MI
The goal is to make SnoWest work for YOU.!

It was working rather well before IMO. Many more complaints (not even including mine!) now with all this new fluffy stuff. Sure it's new....needs to work out the bugs and everyone will get used to it to a certain point. I understand this and am not totally against change but what's the driving force behind this big overhaul?

Premium Features