• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can I fit 4 mtn sleds in a 23' enclosed trailer (18' + 5' v)?

SnowBigDeal

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2003
Mt. Pleasant, UT
www.snowbigdeal.com
Looking at a wells cargo 23' V-nose enclosed trailer. The trailer is 18' x 8' with a 5' V-nose. Will I be able to fit 4 mountain sleds (anywhere from 144 - 159 tracks) in the trailer? What is your experience?

Also, in your opinion what would be a good price for that trailer (super clean trailer, but no accessories)

Thanks for any input!

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
This one is about the size you are talking about:

507fd5fe.jpg

took three tries to get em all in there, but we did it. And I don't think if that XLT was a 144 we could have done it. And yes, that is a trail sled in the front.

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
You will need reverse on 3 of the four sleds and a couple blocks of wood/plastic that are 1'X1' in size. Pull the two long ones in first from the front, shuve to outside as much as possible. pull in your shortest sled backwards in the middle as far back in the trailer as possible, and shove front end to one side. but blocks under sled to other side so track is up in air. Pull last sled in forward and mate the sucker to the sled on blocks. With some slight last minute modifications this should work.

D

DARKO

Nov 21, 2007
Kelowna, BC.
Buy one a little bigger and avoid the sh!t show everytime you load and unload. Besides that, getting things in and out of the trailer is a serious PITA having to walk over a bunch of sleds. You need a 22' + the V nose to do with easy and organization.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
The 26' trailers are pretty much standard now for 4 sleds that are 151 or bigger.

BOULDERBOB

Premium Member
Jan 17, 2008
Boulder, Co
It can be done, I have a wells fargo trailer with the same dimensions. Only one of my sleds has reverse. What I do is load one sled from the front and drive it to the rear, then put the back end as far over to the wall as possible. Then I drive two in from the rear, the first one goes in and then is slid over against the first one, the second one is driven straight in and again the back of the sled is slid against the wall. The fourth sled is then backed in with the back of the sled fitting in between the others. With this pattern the backs of the sled are all overlapping each other and since that is the narrowest part of the sled will all fit.
As was said earlier will depend on the track lengths, normally I have a 153, 144, and two 136's with lots of room left over but I have carried the 153, and 3 144's and still had room left over so I know I could get longer ones in, just no place left to walk, you crawl over the sleds.
Nice part is with the shorter trailer parking, turning, etc is not as much of a hassle.

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Buy one a little bigger and avoid the sh!t show everytime you load and unload. Besides that, getting things in and out of the trailer is a serious PITA having to walk over a bunch of sleds. You need a 22' + the V nose to do with easy and organization.

Like Darko said also you have to remember youll be hauling fuel,gear need to walk around the sleds to fuel them up more room the better.

Premium Features