• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Extreme velocity: Sled heads 4 dvd

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
i know everyone on here likes to give well deserved 'thumbs up' to thunderstruck for their films and veedy seems to have the biggest fan club on the snowest planet for his awesome 'boost' vids but i never seem to see enough about someone who really does a great job making a sled film each year and that is tom opre. i watched Sled Heads 4 last night and once again, tom did an amazing (IMO the best sled film photographer) job on this movie. you get a little glimpse into the riders personalities, you get some background from other sled film insider-types and you get absolutely stunning film work and beautiful shots of some of the sports best riders rippin' it. the music was spot on and i just wanted to give a shout out to thomas for crafting a great movie that REALLY made me want to ride right now! :) if you haven't seen this film yet...it should be on your list.

jeff

V

Veedy

Jan 27, 2004
Revelstoke, BC
www.farwestfilms.com
I agree Jeff, Thomas has a ton of experience behind a camera and it shows. I think as film makers we try to make our films better and better each year, and hopefully people recognise that. TO deserves the props for his camera work and editing style, films shouldn't be based on how " extreme " they are, but how well they are produced. I wish my camera handling / editing was half as good as others. I learn each season, and hopefully it makes a difference.
Good on ya Tom, can't wait to see SH4.

i know everyone on here likes to give well deserved 'thumbs up' to thunderstruck for their films and veedy seems to have the biggest fan club on the snowest planet for his awesome 'boost' vids but i never seem to see enough about someone who really does a great job making a sled film each year and that is tom opre. i watched Sled Heads 4 last night and once again, tom did an amazing (IMO the best sled film photographer) job on this movie. you get a little glimpse into the riders personalities, you get some background from other sled film insider-types and you get absolutely stunning film work and beautiful shots of some of the sports best riders rippin' it. the music was spot on and i just wanted to give a shout out to thomas for crafting a great movie that REALLY made me want to ride right now! :) if you haven't seen this film yet...it should be on your list.

jeff

big thanks Jeff and Veedy! nice to get a good review from a fellow filmmakers. I'm looking in my mail for Elevation 4....and I guess I will wait to get Boost 3 the next time I slide into your camera shop in Revy Veedy!

now, how about I give away a few vids...first 3 to PM me will get the new SH4 DVD.

TO

Extreme Velocity is def. on top of the sledfilm foodchain :D
i have all 3 of the previous and if he makes more, i'll buy. easy as that.

the riding might not always be the most extreme but it's always GOOD :)
and he gets a lot of the bestest riders to film with him... yeah, that "might" be one reason that the films turn out great but not the whole reason...

you can't just have crazy riders and think it will make a killer film... point made clear this DVDfall... won't mention names thou ;)

He has found a concept of making sledfilms that works really well and the music is always good. when you add this to good filming, angles and top notch editing you WILL get a really good movie :)

ok, enough with the bragging ;)
i'm still waiting for my copy thou.... but i'm waiting for quite a few titles so i guess i'll go kick the mailman :D

C

CuzzinOlaf

Dec 12, 2007
His "Powder Dreams" teaser from Revy in late 2007 is probably one of my favorite shots. The music makes that vid amazing IMO. I gotta get this SH4 to add to my collection.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
I have all 4 Sledheads dvd's and they all rock. My brother has two of the mountains and mud, that he hasn't let me see yet, bastard, so I know those must be good too. I like how Thomas each year picks new riders for us to watch, and learn a little about.I know we see them in other vids, but in Sledheads they are singled out for a reason. I also like how he takes one of "us" average riders a does and piece on them, very cool. The filming is awesome, and I like the music he chooses also.

E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
i must say...the 1st time i watched it..wasnt too impressed..
BUT....now that i have watched it like 300 times....its pretty awesome!!! ha ha ha ah!!!

nice work TO...keep em comin!

J
Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
couldn't agree with jlowe more....thomas did an amazing job on the film. the movie flows perfectly and the music is spot-on......great work! i also loved last year's SH3 and still consider it one of the best movies out in 07.

btw thomas.....thanks for the copy of mountains & mud III at hay days. i've watched it a few times already......a great movie also and a must-own if you're into quads. very cool!!

Premium Features