• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Product: ZRP - GEN 4 TAILSTANDER ADJUSTABLE WEIGHTS

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Thanks, So no couple minute adjustments for new riding areas.

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
So, no prying open the clutch with a screwdriver, to adjust like the Poo?
Just wondering if its been tried yet.

Last edited:

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Big john has a youtube vid on changing weights on the sled..pry tool with a clamp to hold sheeve closed..slick..

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
sorry the vid was on bj facebook page and its the video link above ^^^

ZRP Engineering

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2014
Utah
How does the profile on these arms compare to the factory doo arms available? Strictly ramp profile
This phone doesnt show the difference exactly, but it is a custom ZRP profile. It starts the same as stock to keep the belt shim.
cd2e88de1588395a85bd422af60c1a76.jpg

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
These weights really do bring out the beast in the 850! I have gotten quite a few rides on mine now with them. The sled pulls hard and the motor keeps asking for more weight. I'm at 87g w/ all other clutching stock, diamond S can and ride primarly 8000-10000 ft. Going to keep adding weight to get to 7900. Last ride at 9000ft constantly read 8000-8100rpm.
2 guys I was riding with asked me what I did the the sled to get it pull so hard. They noticed that my rpms were more consistent w/ zero rpm fade.
After I let one buddy ride my sled he was looking to snowcheck the next day. He currently rides a 2016 T3 163. To quote him "dam you better be hanging on to your d**k cause that thing is taking you for a ride!" Lol

Last edited:
P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Just got of the mountain after a weekend of testing.

4 sleds 4 different setups.

Hands down the ZRP weights win with the most consistent rpm from 2000 to 5000 feet this weekend pegged right at 8000 temperature from - 18 C to-3 C late afternoon.

The others had stock setups with weight and sea level setups with 951 arms less pin weight for elevation and mine has the SHR set up with the 968 weights. (it is the most finicky for elevation but the clickers are way more effective than on the stock setup -- go figure:face-icon-small-con

If all sleds runs right on 8000 they have the most consistent performance and there is very little difference on an uphill pull in a foot and a bit of powder. The ZRP set up with the 85 GR weight and full load in the bottom and 2 grams in the middle just ran best and more consistent than any of the others. Clickers are simply not needed on that setup.
For next weekend I will try a 80 gram set up on my sled with a softer primary although by the looks of it for our elevation riding the 85 gram set up seems hard to beat.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
any difference in clutch temps/colour of sheaves with the different setups?

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
I did not have the temp gauge with me but one of the guys with the weighted down stock setup blew a belt it was so hot that the belt pieces melted into the plastic belt guard, also busted that guard up pretty good.
My sled always runs cooler than most so it is not a good test subject. Usually I can work on the clutch without gloves within a minute of opening up. My wife usually runs warmer and again I had no issue adding weight after having the panels open for a couple minutes. After I got the RPM dialled I checked the belt once still has the green tint on it and did not burn my hands removing the belt right after the sled stopped. Not very scientific but I am happy with the results.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
I cut a Plastic block to pry it open with a small tire iron and have a small plastic spacer to keep it open. 3/8 inch is all it takes to add weight on the bottom hole , it is a bit of tougher to do the second hole and impossible to do the tip without taking the clutch of. Now 2 grams go a long way and once dialled it will take very little adjustment. I can add or take of 2 grams in the same amount of time it takes to do clickers. Going to Valdez and arctic man at the end of the month, will do riding from 2500 to 8000 feet there lets see if I need to do adjustments. Hopefully we find some real deep stuff to chew on at altitude.

Premium Features